Using Canon tapes... - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Canon XH G1S / G1 (with SDI), Canon XH A1S / A1 (without SDI).

Old November 23rd, 2006, 11:28 AM   #16
Contributor

Sorry, I didn't have the info complete--it's the AMQ I was referring to for 9 bucks--Advanced Master Quality. B&H has them for about that or a little less, and also Zotz Digital is, I think, $8.50 Brian at Zotz Digital highly recommends the AMQ and says with all the Canon H1s he's sold, and now A1s, there have been almost zero problems. The only dropouts he says he's seen are from people out shooting in the wild with blowing dust and stuff, and they change tape under dirty condtions. That fits with what I've seen too with miniDV tapes--the only dropouts I've seen have come from people who practice the opposite of good tape handling.

Brian also said the Panasonic PQ, MQ and AMQ all have the same graphite coating, so if you have been using one and want to covert to another, there shouldn't be any head clog issues. Stick with the graphite coatings, he recommended. Even at around 9 bucks, the AMQ is still significantly cheaper than what we spend on Sony mini DVCAM tapes. They were $12-$13 last time I looked.
Bill Pryor is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders