DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-xh-series-hdv-camcorders/)
-   -   Finally... my XHA1 and Redrock M2 rig... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-xh-series-hdv-camcorders/80341-finally-my-xha1-redrock-m2-rig.html)

Marty Hudzik November 28th, 2006 07:41 AM

How about some footage someone? I'd really like to see the M2 with the A1 as that is a route I am considering.

Matthew Nayman November 28th, 2006 05:25 PM

hey martry, from your post in the premiere forums, you will see I am still waiting to upgrade my comp. I cant really edit and capture the HDV yet, but by the end of the week, it should be good.

Will have it up REALLLY Soon... promise.

Matthew Nayman November 28th, 2006 05:40 PM

Sorry henry, missed your post..

Yes, the peaking while recording is truly great. Makes focusing the M2 so much easier! and getting focus on the GG is easier too!

I am still working out my best system... I am currently zoomed to 73 with an fstop of 2.6, but would love the extra light, so I'll try moving my motor up a touch... how much would you say, a few mm?

Henry Cho November 28th, 2006 07:52 PM

hard to give an exact measurement. as you probably know, moving the motor around is an inexact procedure... it took me a few tries before i got it acceptably close. i'm inclined to say it was about 1mm -- it was really just a baby nudge at the end.

Michael Y Wong November 28th, 2006 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matthew Nayman
hey martry, from your post in the premiere forums, you will see I am still waiting to upgrade my comp. I cant really edit and capture the HDV yet, but by the end of the week, it should be good.

Will have it up REALLLY Soon... promise.

Matt just shoot with ur cam, and then bring the tape and camera over on thurs,we can do a quick transfer (& edit) if necessary.

Mathieu Kassovitz November 28th, 2006 11:45 PM

Quote:

this is also using Canon's 24F which apparently degrades res by nearly %30 (correct me if these #'s are wrong please!).

Around 10%:

http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/showpost....2&postcount=17

Matthew Nayman November 29th, 2006 07:41 AM

Thank you Mathieu, I didnt think it could possibly be 30%!

I finally have the GG in a good spot, zoomed to 68, fstop of 2.4, sharp edge to edge.

Mike: Yeah, this week is jsut crazy. Thursday aint gonna work again and then this weekend I am on a shoot and animating all weekend, but next week I can definatly get some stuff up! I did shoot a bit last night and convert it to HDWMV but again my webspace is locked up at the moment. I hate to keep you all waiting so long!

Matt

Devon Lyon December 4th, 2006 03:07 PM

Any news on posting some footage?

Alvise Tedesco December 4th, 2006 05:06 PM

Quote:

Yes, the peaking while recording is truly great. Makes focusing the M2 so much easier! and getting focus on the GG is easier too!

Happy for you, but If lcd can't be flipped, where's the point?

Bill Pryor December 4th, 2006 06:02 PM

Pretend it's a view camera and learn to shoot with an upside down image:)

Matthew Nayman December 4th, 2006 08:26 PM

Ha ha ha... brilliant.

I actually find that standing to the side of the cam, you can position the viewfinder so the image is flipped but the screen is still quite usable., There is a sweet spot of a few degrees there it is almost pressed against the side of the cam and the imageis inverted... good for tripod work.

Also, doesn't peakin show over video out?

Even if not, its helpful fopr critical focus on the GG.

Footage coming sooooooooo soon! I promise. Thanks for hanign in.

Rafael Lopes December 5th, 2006 12:33 PM

Looking good. I'll be waiting for the footage soon.

Matthew Nayman December 8th, 2006 11:02 AM

OKAY!

New comp is hooked up and ready to go. (My undying admiration and respect goes out to Marty H. for giving me a hand with my graphics cards... he's a good guy) and to Mikey Wong... thanks for the advice.

I am shooting today, will post tonight.

Matt

Brian Valente November 6th, 2007 01:09 PM

Matthew - if you find your zooming in but can no longer focus, then yes you'll want to use a spacer tube, that's the correct fix for it.

When I setup the A1 I recall not needing a spacer tube. I will look at your pics in more detail.

Brian

Brian Valente November 6th, 2007 01:10 PM

Matthew - also you'll want to remove your UV filters on the camera and put the achromat as close to the A1's lens as possible. I bet that will improve things greatly

Brian