Console Software at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Canon XH G1S / G1 (with SDI), Canon XH A1S / A1 (without SDI).

Old December 3rd, 2006, 02:55 PM   #1
Major Player

Console Software

I was wondering if anyone has used the console software, and how they like the functionality of it. I have a mac and I can't get it to work emulated, so I am waiting for a mac version.

Would it be worth the cost for interview style videographers?

Based on features it looks to be fantastic, but I want to know how user friendly and seamless it is in reality.
Holly Rognan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 3rd, 2006, 03:09 PM   #2
Inner Circle

I have tested the software with an XL H1.

It works very well.

One user pointed out that when you are in External Control mode, the camera mode that you normally use with the Console Software, you lose the capability of the LANC controller (external zoom-focus controller).

You can still zoom and focus on the camera, overriding the Console Software's remote control of zoom and focus, but you can not use an external LANC controller to perform this override.

This was tested with version 1.0 of the software.

Note: However, if you are not in External Control mode, and are using the console software, this restriction does not apply, but the Console Software is then limited in what it can do. It can still record remotely, but you have limited control over the camera.

Please remember that the above tests were performed using an XL H1 and not the XH series.
Old December 3rd, 2006, 03:38 PM   #3
Trustee

Holly- have you tried Bootcamp with the Mac and boot as a Windows PC?

I tried it with Parallels Desktop but it says "Hardware Acceleration" isn't on....so it wont work via Parallels on a Mac.
Old December 3rd, 2006, 05:08 PM   #4
New Boot

steve,

I thought I read that Parallels could only use usb external devises nat firewire or expresscard external devices so maybe that why console wont' work with parallels on the mac

rand
Randy Thompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 3rd, 2006, 05:18 PM   #5
Major Player

I haven't used bootcamp because I don't have a version of windows xp with the sp2 on disk, just the oem version. I don't want to pay for it to have the console software work.

Thanks for the help though.
Holly Rognan is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders