A1 Pal Footage - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Canon XH G1S / G1 (with SDI), Canon XH A1S / A1 (without SDI).

Old December 7th, 2006, 01:00 PM   #16
Major Player

Rafael: what was that song that you used?
Dave Lammey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2006, 01:07 PM   #17
Trustee

Waltz for Koop, by Koop.
Rafael Lopes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 16th, 2006, 03:38 PM   #18
Tourist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafael Lopes
Steven, thank God everything worked out perfectly. I gotta tell I was kind of iffy about the whole thing. I found it very strange that it would be so much cheaper than everywhere else I checked in Spain. But apparently these guys have been around for like 20 years and nobody ever had a problem.
Which store was it? I was thinking of buying it on while I'm visiting some relatives in Barcelona. Nice Footage btw .

Cheers, Andre
Andre Engdahl Jofre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 17th, 2006, 01:48 AM   #19
Trustee

The store is called andorrafreemarket and you can only order on line (even though you can pick the camera up at the store...which quite far from the center of Barcelona). I was kind of afraid when I made the purchase on account of the A1 being way cheaper than it is on other regular stores, but thank God everything turned out perfect.
Old December 19th, 2006, 09:02 AM   #20
New Boot

Quote:
I was kind of afraid when I made the purchase on account of the A1 being way cheaper than it is on other regular stores, but thank God everything turned out perfect.
Still, it seems like the cheapest place to buy the cam from, in Europe, is Germany... With prices starting from ~3200E VAT included (see www.idealo.de).
If 2899E + VAT was the cheapest you could find in Spain, I guess that the one at 3400E VAT included I found in Italy is not that bad (keeping in mind that we have 20% VAT -_-; )
I was wondering if the ones they sell from HK on ebay do have any particular issue (warranty aside)...
Francesco Piemontese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 19th, 2006, 12:47 PM   #21
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francesco Piemontese
I was wondering if the ones they sell from HK on ebay do have any particular issue (warranty aside)...
I wouldn't risk it for the world. It has scam written all over it. And even if it isn't, if Italy's import policy is similar to Spain's, the item will be stuck in customs until they "decide" what is the import tax that should be applied.
Old December 19th, 2006, 01:12 PM   #22
New Boot

Quote:
I wouldn't risk it for the world. It has scam written all over it.
Yeah, me neither. But my doubts are about the cam itself, technically speaking. Do you think it is possible that there are cheaper cams built with lower quality components?
Francesco Piemontese is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders