Just received second XH-A1, need case at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Canon XH G1S / G1 (with SDI), Canon XH A1S / A1 (without SDI).

Old January 5th, 2007, 01:27 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Just received second XH-A1, need case

I just received my second XH-A1 (Santa brought me one for Christmas) and now I need to figure out what to haul them around in. I'm kinda leaning towards a pelican case but unsure of how two camera's will fit. Does anyone have any experiences on what might be the best solution ?
John Hamlik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2007, 02:24 AM   #2
Regular Crew

I'm on a very small budget and needed a case. This one almost didn't fit but it totally suited my needs.
http://www.amazon.com/Opteka-X-Large...&s=electronics
James Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2007, 04:57 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Pelican alternative, try Parker

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Hamlik
II'm kinda leaning towards a pelican case but unsure of how two camera's will fit. ?
Pelicans are really heavy and after owning a few dozen, not my favorite. Most shooters would never ever trust airlines with their camera, so plan on a carry-on case. Current favorite are the Parker Cases, really nice wheels, pull-out handles, recessed twistlock milspec latches etc:

http://www.caseman.com/servlet/catal.../categoryID~50

Not cheap, but much lighter and refined than Pelicans.

Lay out all your gear on a big sheet of paper, move the pieces around like a puzzle leaving at least an inch between everything, and two inches around the perimeter, measure. Keep it under 10x17x24 to qualify for carry-on.

Not cheap, but definately worth the expenditure.
Jay Fisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2007, 03:10 PM   #4
Sponsor: TapeWorks Texas

For a softcase, check out CamRade products
They have a really neat backpack that can hold the XHA1 or similar size camcorders. http://tapeworkstexas.com/camrade_tmhandyi.html

TapeWorks Texas Inc is one of CamRades largest distributers here in the US. CamRade cases are made out of 1000 stitch cordura and have plenty of pockets depending on which case you prefer. Their wetsuits are made out of a material that are much less noisey than other manufacturers.

If you have any questions pertaining to CamRade products, contact Tapeworks Texas Inc Toll Free 866-827-3489

Scott Cantrell
TapeWorks Texas Inc - HDVinfo Sponser
scott@tapeworkstexas.com
Scott Cantrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2007, 03:42 PM   #5
Contributor

I prefer soft cases too and never check cameras on airlines anymore.

But if you're looking for something to carry two cameras in, Pelican cases come in a variety of sizes and there's probably one big enough if you're talking about just the cameras alone. For chargers, batteries, and other stuff, you'd probably want a separate bag.

If you want to spend more money, the ZERO Hallilburton aluminum cases are great. They're much, much lighter than cases like Anvil (though not as sturdy). You can get a Halliburton camera case with the gray foam the size of a pretty big suitcase, but it's several hundred dollars. (No relation to the evil war profiteer company Haliburton, by the way.) When I used to travel a lot with 8 or 10 cases of gear, I always checked a Hasselblad package with numerous lenses and backs in a large Halliburton case, and although the airlines tried their best to destroy it, the case always survived. It got a few dents, but no gear was ever damaged, and the hinges and latches always held together. For air travel today, nothing beats the Anvil cases, but they weigh as much empty as most other cases fully loaded.
Bill Pryor is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders