I Just Got My XH A1 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Canon XH G1S / G1 (with SDI), Canon XH A1S / A1 (without SDI).

Old January 24th, 2007, 10:20 AM   #1
New Boot

I Just Got My XH A1

I just got it! In fact UPS arrived and I stood at the door like a kid at Christmas, waiting, waiting, for hours it seemed like, until he got out of the truck, and brought my precious package to the door.

I brought it inside, and unwrapped it oh so gently, finally got to the camera.

WOW!

I like it! It feels like a natural in my hand. I like the weight, the looks, the feel, the whole camera.

Now I am waiting, for what. The battery to charge, my head to explode with all the knowledge out of the manual, and to hook up my new plasma TV so I can show off the video footage.

Any tips from experienced users I should know about? Why blaze a trail through the jungle when others have already been there before?

Thanks guys!

Dean
Dean Waterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2007, 10:32 AM   #2
Contributor

The main thing to do is: Make a big pot of coffee (or whatever your drug of choice may be) and sit down and spend the rest of the day with the manual and the camera. Go through the whole thing.
Bill Pryor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2007, 05:58 PM   #3
Regular Crew

I did that and I still keep it in my camera bag for reference. To much to remember.
Wade Hanchey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2007, 08:08 PM   #4
New Boot

Lovely Manual - Or is it classic literature?

I have been spending time reading the manual. I got the camera on for a total of a minute just to see that it powered on, but I am engrossing myself in the manual so I understand the ins and outs.

Thanks for the thoughts.
Dean Waterman is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders