Is it possible to torque the XH-A1 frame and misalign the tape transport? - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Canon XH G1S / G1 (with SDI), Canon XH A1S / A1 (without SDI).

Old June 17th, 2007, 04:02 PM   #16
New Boot

They never explained what was wrong...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy Stannard View Post
I know this is old, but I'm curious to know what the outcome was.
Kathy,

I do know that it was not the frame, nor the tape transport misaligning like I first thought. But, they never explained what was wrong. Canon took care of it very fast though...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynn Bradford View Post
Ken would you, if you get a chance put one of the tapes in another A1 and see if it plays. The problem may be other than the actual recording but a cold solder joint or ribbon cable just making connection.
Wynn,

The tapes pay back on another newer XH-A1 just fine. So, possibly it was a solder joint. That doesn't really explain the difference off of the tripod vs on the tripod...

Sincerely,

Ken Boyer
Ken Boyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2009, 03:27 AM   #17
Regular Crew

I'm also having the blue screen during playback problem.
I also have the camera on a Manfrotto/Bogen 501 plate. I'll check if playback works when I put the camera back on the tripod.
Jeremy Naus is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders