Newbie with an A1 wireless problem! - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders

Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Canon XH G1S / G1 (with SDI), Canon XH A1S / A1 (without SDI).

Old July 30th, 2008, 11:36 AM   #16
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Pryor View Post
Once you've set the camera for XLR in the menu it will stay there. No need to do it again unless you want to use the built-in camera mic.
Awesome! That is GREAT!

If I get the last question answered, I am good! You guys have been so helpful! I really appreciate what you have done to help me!

Oh and the last piece. When I get my new shotgun mic, obviously it will use phantom power, so I know to use the +48V switch to on for that XLR input. Is there a different setting I have to chose in the menu to use both Ch1 and Ch2 XLR? Also, what do the switches above need to be set at (xlr mic att / Line Mic / Ch1 or CH1 CH2).
Derrick DeWilde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 30th, 2008, 12:23 PM   #17
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derrick DeWilde View Post
Also, what do the switches above need to be set at (xlr mic att / Line Mic / Ch1 or CH1 CH2).
att off, mic in, ch1 - RTFM
Matthias Krause is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 30th, 2008, 01:21 PM   #18
Regular Crew

Thank you all for you help! I am wired and working! Those G2s are awesome! I had my wife go down the driveway to test the range. It is good to at least 100 yards and then she stopped! I might have her take it with her on her job to see the range! Don't think I will need it to reach farther than 100....but you never know!
Derrick DeWilde is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders