Custom Preset Button at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Canon XH G1S / G1 (with SDI), Canon XH A1S / A1 (without SDI).

Old March 9th, 2007, 02:53 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Custom Preset Button

Why does my "custom preset button" flash on and off when pressed off, instead of going off...Gary
Gary J. Walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2007, 03:04 PM   #2
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary J. Walker View Post
Why does my "custom preset button" flash on and off when pressed off, instead of going off...Gary
One of the many silly things n the A1, Gary. This button should have been used to do some other, more important thing (assignable function). The other one would then cycle through all presets and the "off" position, engaging one of them.
Old March 9th, 2007, 06:27 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Thanks alot, ya the second preset is where you cycle through the options, to "off" don't fully understand the first. Question again is my lack of color ie. deep red pillow next to a deep green one, If you have a GOOD indoor low light setting I would love to have it, so far my two 8 yr. old GL-1's have much better color on the mentioned pillows, I don't need to pull out my DSR-300 I know that would blow the A-1 away....Well I'll just have to have the "Church Lady" crank up the lights...Gary (mom's from Poland) I'm in AZ now from Chicago...
Gary J. Walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2007, 07:11 PM   #4
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary J. Walker View Post
... so far my two 8 yr. old GL-1's have much better color on the mentioned pillows, I don't need to pull out my DSR-300 I know that would blow the A-1 away
Once you get to experimenting with Custom Presets (your own & also the ones posted on the forum), you won't be saying that about either of those two cams :)

Bill
Bill Busby is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders