Problem with Manual - Custom Presets at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders

Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Canon XH G1S / G1 (with SDI), Canon XH A1S / A1 (without SDI).

Old March 10th, 2007, 07:59 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Problem with Manual - Custom Presets

Hello Everyone,
Maybe this is a user error problem but I am having trouble creating new presets in camera. I have downloaded and used the entire custom preset library on my A1, however, now I am here in St. Maartin with a laptop without a slot for my SD card. So, in order to program Juan's Bleach Bypass preset, I have to do it in the camera. Maybe I am missing something but there is no "save as" option. I was able to program the BB preset over Camera Default 1 but then the only option is to rename it. Did I miss a step? I guess I am too afraid to save over the presets I already have. The manual is very poorly written in terms of the advanced options. Thanks for the help. Steve
Steve Kachocki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 10th, 2007, 09:27 AM   #2
Still Motion

I'm pretty sure you just going into the custom preset menu, click on tune and change your setting. When your done, exit form that menu and activate the preset. Sometimes when your in the menu the preset will not be activated, amking it look like your changes didn't stick, but if you turn on the custom presets and select the one you just changed, it should be there.
Patrick Moreau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 10th, 2007, 09:30 AM   #3
Obstreperous Rex

Hi Steve, I'm sorry but I'm not understanding your question. If you don't have an SD card slot on your computer, or an SD card reader that connects via USB, then yes you'll have to enter the values manually for a Custom Preset, and it will have to go into one of the nine "slots" that are in the camera. Positions 7, 8, and 9 are pre-configured by Canon, but if you write over any of them, they can always be restored later on.

Any of the nine in-camera CP files can be moved to the SD card. To rename a preset is as close as you'll come to a "save as" feature. Hope this helps,

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 10th, 2007, 01:43 PM   #4
Regular Crew

That's the answer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Hurd View Post
Hi Steve, I'm sorry but I'm not understanding your question. If you don't have an SD card slot on your computer, or an SD card reader that connects via USB, then yes you'll have to enter the values manually for a Custom Preset, and it will have to go into one of the nine "slots" that are in the camera. Positions 7, 8, and 9 are pre-configured by Canon, but if you write over any of them, they can always be restored later on.

Any of the nine in-camera CP files can be moved to the SD card. To rename a preset is as close as you'll come to a "save as" feature. Hope this helps,
Hi Chris, thanks for the info. The SD Card reader is on my desktop computer, none on my older laptop. So, at home I was able to download and use all 18 custom presets. But I was sitting here reading about the Bleach Bypass look and thought that could be fun to use in certain situations, and wanted to program it into my camera manually, and save it as Preset19. But what I am reading is that I can overwrite 7,8, or 9 on the camera, save it as "bleach" and use it that way. The only way to have it be preset19 would be to save it on the SD card through the computer into the PRESET folder on the SD card?
Thanks again for the info. I will try it!
Steve Kachocki is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders