XH-A1 not recognized by PC . at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders

Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Canon XH G1S / G1 (with SDI), Canon XH A1S / A1 (without SDI).

Old March 23rd, 2007, 01:52 PM   #1
New Boot

XH-A1 not recognized by PC .

Hi I recently bought this camera and everything is great. But there is one big problem: Premiere pro does not recognize the cam. Somehow, when I plug the cam, I am normally supposed to hear a little sound from windows xp telling me that something is plugged but in my case, I hear the sound twice but really fast . I tried everything but nothing is working.

anybody can help me ?
Emil Habouri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 23rd, 2007, 02:45 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Emil -

Is everything OK with your 1394 port? Do other camcorders/devices you connect get recognized properly? First you will need to narrow down the problem. If there are other 1394 ports available in your PC, try them. I usually use small MiniDV camcorder for such tests and even if something goes terribly wrong, I am not risking expensive equipment.

Restart your PC, connect A1 when it's off, turn it on in Playback mode and wait for confirmation from Windows. It may take a minute or even more sometimes. When your A1 is recognized, you should see small confirmation window in Taskbar in right bottom corner.

Launch Premiere after Windows recognizes your A1. If it fails and if other camcorder(s) were OK, you will need to contact Canon Factory Service Center.
Bogdan Tyburczy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2007, 03:13 PM   #3
New Boot

I tried everything but its not working. But when I connected my cam, a new device found poped-up and the thing is called : AV/C Subunit. I dont have the drivers for that thing and, so far, i think this is the main problem why the cam is not recognized.

Anyone got the same problem here ?Should I upgrade to SP2 ?

thx
Emil Habouri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2007, 03:22 PM   #4
Regular Crew

Should you upgrade to SP2? Absolutely yes!

Oh man, that explains your problems. Install SP2 and all updates and then your Windows should have no problems with recognizing new hardware.

It will be time consuming. I suggest removing PPro installation first. Make sure to connect to Internet while doing that so your software is de-registered properly on Adobe servers. Then update your Windows XP and re-install PPro.
Bogdan Tyburczy is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders