XL2 User Thinking About XH/A1 - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Canon XH G1S / G1 (with SDI), Canon XH A1S / A1 (without SDI).

Old March 29th, 2007, 08:47 AM   #16
Photographer

Hi Bill,

Boy, I know the feeling. I have three cases of Hasselblad gear that haven't seen the light of day for a year. I can't bear to sell it and it's probably worth about 10% of what it was three years ago. I still have an occasional need for my Sinar P2 4x5 but it's less frequent every year. I shoot Canon's 17 megapixel body (probably will be sequeled sometime this year by a 24 mp model) and I make beautiful 60 inch display prints regularly from that size file. Things are changing so fast in the still realm, I just orderd my first couple of 16 gig memory cards!

JW
Old March 29th, 2007, 09:54 AM   #17
Regular Crew

Hi James,

I'm one of XL2->A1 switchers and my quick advice is go for XH A1 and don't look back. XL2 is the best SD MiniDV camcorder in my opinion, but XH A1 is one big step forward in smaller form factor.

One little thing I miss now is AE Shift dial. In XH cams the function is available from the menu, but hopefully we will get that feature linked to Iris/Shutter Speed controls with firmware update.

Enjoy the step forward!
Bogdan Tyburczy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 29th, 2007, 11:36 AM   #18
New Boot

I would take the medium format equipment off of your hands...

Hey, for what is worth, go with the XH-A1. I did and I love it. Second, if you want to send the medium format equipment to a good home, here I am :)!

Dean
Dean Waterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 29th, 2007, 11:53 AM   #19
Contributor

I've got a Hasselblad package I'd part with (for a price, heheheh). I was pleased to notice in last year's B&H big still photography catalog that my 4X5 Schneider lenses are worth over $2K apiece. Problem is...nobody wants any 4X5 or Hasselblad stuff anymore (except for the Hasselblad digital system and view camera digital backs).
Bill Pryor is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders