Last Son of Celeste *Watch the first six minutes* - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Canon XH G1S / G1 (with SDI), Canon XH A1S / A1 (without SDI).

Old April 18th, 2007, 08:13 AM   #16
Major Player

I can`t say I understand whats going on. Is he living 2 lives? Is he reincarnated? Is he in another world when he dreams? I want to see more of it, but right now I don`t get it.
Old April 18th, 2007, 10:26 AM   #17
Regular Crew

Do you have a trailer for it?
Bryce Olejniczak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2007, 10:54 AM   #18
Major Player

Not at the moment Bryce.
Marlon Torres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2007, 05:17 AM   #19
Major Player

I agree - the story is quite fragmented in the excerpt which you showed to us.
Tyson Perkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2007, 04:07 PM   #20
Regular Crew

Marlon,

My 2 cents. I think you should focus more on one thread of the story in opening minutes and slowly unveil wider view. That would help to lead viewers in the direction you intended. In this version it's kinda confusing, even though I feel your film could be interesting.

Thanks for posting another piece for us. Good Luck!
Bogdan Tyburczy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2007, 09:52 PM   #21
Regular Crew

Beautiful yet again. You definitely take this camera to a new level. How much more of the movie do you have to do?
Jerrod Cordell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2007, 11:15 AM   #22
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerrod Cordell View Post
Beautiful yet again. You definitely take this camera to a new level. How much more of the movie do you have to do?
I just finished it. I'm thinking about putting it on indieflix.
Old April 20th, 2007, 09:29 PM   #23
Major Player

Movies done! Send me a PM if you want a copy and so you can throw a few bucks my way :)
Old April 26th, 2007, 01:46 AM   #24
Major Player

Impressive! Just curious, does it follow on from the end of the first film where he got to the beach?
Glenn Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2007, 08:17 PM   #25
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn Thomas View Post
Impressive! Just curious, does it follow on from the end of the first film where he got to the beach?
No, it's a spinoff of Junipero, set 100 years before.
Old May 10th, 2007, 10:55 AM   #26
Major Player

Marlon, I can't quite understand why you would need to change anything in the beginning as some may have suggested. The first 6 minutes of the film are not supposed to tell you the entire story line, but make you want to see the rest. Honestly, I have seen a lot of indie films that had quality actors, great shots, great cameras, great editing, but no story at all. So far, I like what you have. It does make me want to see the rest of it. Since this is the kind of work I do, well I am not sure I call it work, since I do not get paid for it, but I will be very critical here: It is a very good indie film. I am glad you do not spill the beans on the first 6 minutes, else I wouldn't need to see the rest of it. J
John L. Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2007, 04:11 PM   #27
Regular Crew

I showed the six minute clip to a couple of friends of mine while we were waiting for a project to render and they were blown away. Then they got excited cause I was hoping to have a similar setup soon that we'd be able to use for our short films.

You have a DOF adapter, right? Was it a redrock micro? What software do you use in post production? Oh and did you guys compose the music yourself or did you get licensing to use copyrighted scores? I was just curious cause the overall fit and finish was so great, everything came together amazingly well.

Anyway, it's amazing Marlon, I'm really impressed. I wish I could see the whole thing.
Andrew Slankard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2007, 04:38 PM   #28
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlon Torres View Post
Thanks, but I'm more interested in what people thought about the storytelling... did it make you want to watch the rest of the movie?
Yes! Overall the quality was phenomenal. This video has proven to me the true capability of what an A1 can put out with the right person behind the lens. The color correcting was great and the audio was crisp. For the entire video did you do separate audio and overlay it? It seemed like in the office when the women says "come one" it seems kinda off but that could just be an effect of echoness that your going for. Regardless everything was smashing. Thanks for sharing.
Mike Gorski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2007, 08:33 PM   #29
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Slankard View Post
I showed the six minute clip to a couple of friends of mine while we were waiting for a project to render and they were blown away. Then they got excited cause I was hoping to have a similar setup soon that we'd be able to use for our short films.

You have a DOF adapter, right? Was it a redrock micro? What software do you use in post production? Oh and did you guys compose the music yourself or did you get licensing to use copyrighted scores? I was just curious cause the overall fit and finish was so great, everything came together amazingly well.

Anyway, it's amazing Marlon, I'm really impressed. I wish I could see the whole thing.
Glad you liked it. I used a redrock micro adapter and edited in FCP. A friend scored all the fantasy scenes, I scored all the modern scenes.
Old May 11th, 2007, 12:48 PM   #30
New Boot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlon Torres View Post
Thanks, but I'm more interested in what people thought about the storytelling... did it make you want to watch the rest of the movie?
Yes. I'm actually pissed at you right now for only giving me 6 minutes.
Eric T. Johnson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders