A1 print to tape emergency at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Canon XH G1S / G1 (with SDI), Canon XH A1S / A1 (without SDI).

Old April 27th, 2007, 04:34 PM   #1
Regular Crew

A1 print to tape emergency

I made a thread about this previously but it was moved and now has 0 replies.
Instead of updating that thread I'm making this new one because this problem is aparantly specifically with the A1.

So, we shot in hdv on the a1, edited with cineform in premiere pro 2.0, and now we have to deliver on hdv tape. I've read all about how this is basically impossible with premiere now, but what about final cut? i read other threads saying final cut works fine.. my room mate has final cut so im trying to export from premiere and import into final cut but the only format i seem to be able to export in is cineform hd avi.. which doesnt display and video in final cut. is there a filter/plugin for final cut that will allow this file to play? i've tried exporting m2t and it never works. i guess i can try convering the avi to m2t in a separate program but ill lose even more quality that way.

been trying for days to get any sort of export to work properly.. deadline was theoretically 1.5hours from now.
David Warren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2007, 05:20 PM   #2
Major Player

well no !

You can't import from a PC program to FCP which is apple program. .avi is a file format for premier pro and is not compatible to fcp. Roll it off to the Canon A1 and then capture it through firewire into FCP. That is the only way to go !

Cheers

Doug
Doug Tessler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2007, 05:30 PM   #3
Regular Crew

if i could 'roll it off' to the a1 then i wouldnt have any need to try and export it through fcp.... the whole problem is that i cant print to tape from premiere..

and .avi is not a format at all its just a file container. i've imported dv format .avi's into fcp many many times without issue.
David Warren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2007, 06:11 PM   #4
Major Player

ok here

Convert to m2t and get a program 4 the mac thats free.
Its called MPEG Streamclip. Use that and then you can import into FCP. That works.

Doug
Doug Tessler is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders