calibrate my lcd at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders

Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Canon XH G1S / G1 (with SDI), Canon XH A1S / A1 (without SDI).

Old April 28th, 2007, 03:00 PM   #1
Regular Crew

calibrate my lcd

what should I calibrate my lcd display to?

I want it to see what im going to see on a calibrated screen
what have you set your settings to?
Andrew McDowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 29th, 2007, 10:21 AM   #2
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew McDowell View Post
what should I calibrate my lcd display to?

I want it to see what im going to see on a calibrated screen
what have you set your settings to?
I found this link (http://www.videouniversity.com/tvbars2.htm) on the forum that addresses the subject of monitor/LCD calibration. I have not tried it yet, but I am sure that if you were to make some of the simple adjustments suggested on the website to the LCD on your A1, and then do the same to the monitor you are outputting to, you should be in good shape. Unfortunately, I don't think any amount of calibration will perfectly duplicate what you are "going to see on a calibrated screen" due to the LCDs rather low resolution and small size.

Someone else on the forum suggested hooking your camera up to the monitor/flat screen you plan to output to (make sure to calibrate the monitor/flat screen and camera's LCD via the color bars first). Then playback some footage from the camera to the monitor/flat screen and compare the two. If the cameras LCD is off, make adjustments to the camera's LCD until the two better match. Of course, this technique is somewhat flawed due to the fact that not all monitors/flat screens will handle color the same way. You will probably need to re-calibrate each time you output to a different monitor/flat screen.

Hope this helps,
Hugh
Hugh Walton is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders