Canon Rebate at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders

Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Canon XH G1S / G1 (with SDI), Canon XH A1S / A1 (without SDI).

Old May 10th, 2007, 08:53 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Canon Rebate

Just a heads up....if you are thinking about buying more than one XH-A1, they apparently will not pay you more than one rebate.

I purchased two cameras with the expectation of getting $500 back.

Now I am being told there is a limit of one $250 rebate per customer.
The terms and conditions of the rebate do not say anything about a limit on the number of rebates.

Any ideas on how to get my second rebate?

Paul
Old May 10th, 2007, 08:56 AM   #2
Regular Crew

Can you give the receipt to someone else to claim back for you?
Phil Kay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2007, 08:58 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Nice idea, but I have already submitted both rebates (receipt and bar codes from boxes).
Old May 10th, 2007, 09:01 AM   #4
Wrangler

I don't know what documents you looked at, but this one is quite clear about the $250 limit, stating it in the first sentence of the terms and conditions:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/FrameWor...CANON_XHA1.pdf

Quote:
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Limit one $250 cash back per purchase of a new Canon XH A1 camcorder.
I have changed the title of this thread. Please do not use inflammatory language like "scam" as that's a sure way to get your posts removed or edited.
Boyd Ostroff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2007, 09:03 AM   #5
Regular Crew

Oh dear.... I feel your pain. I had a similar problem with Canon when buying 2 5D stills cameras in the UK. I was lucky enough to find out BEFORE I claimed the rebate(It was actually the salesman at warehouse express that told me when I bought them)
Phil Kay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2007, 09:06 AM   #6
Regular Crew

The terms and conditions state that there is one rebate per camera...NOT per person or address.

ALSO, I was specificaly told by the sales person at B&H before I bought the cameras that the rebate was good on both cameras.
Old May 10th, 2007, 09:34 AM   #7
Wrangler

Well that is curious. I suppose your recourse is spelled out in the terms here. Have you tried this?

Quote:
In the event of questions regarding claims, program or policy, Canon will review all documents and make the final determination of claim eligibility. All decisions made by Canon and/or its agents are final.
If you really feel you have been treated unfairly, your state should have a department of consumer affairs which you can contact. But my comments above about thread titles still stand.
Boyd Ostroff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2007, 09:55 AM   #8
Wrangler

The actual wording is neither "per camera" nor "per customer." It reads, "...per purchase..."

http://www.usa.canon.com/consumer/co...categoryid=102

If you buy more than one camera in the same transaction, by those terms they might only honor one rebate, which looks like what happened here. However, if you buy one camera in each of two transactions, then by my read of the terms, you should get rebates on both. In any case, no harm in re-approaching Canon and see if a second try has a better outcome for you.
Pete Bauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2007, 12:36 PM   #9
Contributor

You could return one camera and then buy it again. Or, call them up and say you're going to do that and maybe they'll see the silliness of it and give you the second rebate.
Bill Pryor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2007, 12:42 PM   #10
Inner Circle

True, just return one.

Saw this thread and immediately called Sony about my v1us. They said the Sony rebate was 1 rebate per camera. Just FYI.
Old May 10th, 2007, 07:10 PM   #11
Go Cycle

I purchased TWO A1 cameras on the same day and on the same invoice and received TWO different e-mails with two different numbers assigned. I am assuming that I should receive two seperate checks for two seperate purchases on the same day. I will let you know.
Old May 11th, 2007, 09:25 AM   #12
Regular Crew

No, the XH-A1 rebate is handled by Parago (via their web page rebatesHQ.com). I've been trying for over a week to get one simple question answered by them, and it's clear that they care little about actual customer service.

My situation is that I live in a Colorado county that doesn't have street address delivery by the US Postal Service. All I want to know is whether they use the USPS for mailing out the rebate. All I get in response is form letter replies that aren't responsive to what I asked, 6 of them so far.

At this point I'm probably going to cave in and have them send it to a friend who DOES have a USPS recognized mailing address. Just be aware that the folks handing out the rebate do not care one bit about getting your money back to you.
Dick Nelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2007, 07:16 PM   #13
Go Cycle

Received two rebate checks today for the two cameras I purchased!!!

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders