not getting audio when viewing footage via FCP at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders

Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Canon XH G1S / G1 (with SDI), Canon XH A1S / A1 (without SDI).

Old May 23rd, 2007, 12:40 PM   #1
Regular Crew

not getting audio when viewing footage via FCP

i am currently reviewing some footage on my computer i shot on the A1 (in 24F) through 'log and capture' on final cut.

i am able to view the footage, but the audio is "showing up" through my computer. i can hear the audio through the speaker on the camera, but not on my computer through fcp.

i have had this issue before when capturing from other cameras onto fcp, but that was corrected by clicking on the 'audio' box in 'clip settings', but that didn't work this time.

any thoughts?

thanks in advance.
Todd Sheridan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2007, 01:09 PM   #2
Contributor

I can only hear the audio out of the camera when capturing. After capture, you can play it OK, can't you?
Bill Pryor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2007, 08:37 AM   #3
Major Player

Todd, hope this isn't a stuid question but have you clicked the preview box in clip settings? The audio box is to capture the audio, but if you want to hear it you have to click the preview one. Just a thought.
Dom Stevenson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2007, 01:51 PM   #4
New Boot

Same here...

I had the same experience--using quick setup for 24P in FCP 5.1.4

Everything is fine on playback after capture, but no audio monitoring is available during capture.

I don't think I had the same experience when I captured 1080i@60.

I thought it was just a weird but in FCP or maybe this was "normal" with the conversion from the Canon's 48i/24F codec into FCP's 24P.

But, I still don't have my head around exactly what Canon's 24F really is.
Bill Klemm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2007, 02:10 PM   #5
Contributor

"But, I still don't have my head around exactly what Canon's 24F really is."

It's 24 frames per second, progressive. They derive that from interlaced chips rather than from progressive chips, hence the "Frame" mode designation. Same end result as 24P.
Bill Pryor is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders