Terrible packaging for my A-1 from B&H - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Canon XH G1S / G1 (with SDI), Canon XH A1S / A1 (without SDI).

Old May 26th, 2007, 01:36 PM   #16
Contributor

I've been involved with the purchase of 5 different cameras from B&H in the past few years. They've all come well packaged, with the unopened camera in its manufacturer's box, and that box packed within a larger box, with padding. Even so, a determined box handler at a shipper can trash anything. I've seen baggage handlers at an airline throw cases out the plane onto the tarmac to see how high they'd bounce. If I were you I'd send the camera back and get a replacement, because if it's been bashed hard enough to dent something packed like that, then there could be other damage too that hasn't shown up yet.
Bill Pryor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2007, 03:57 PM   #17
Inner Circle

Yes, I would also try to send it back and get a replacement.
So you won't regret later. You have the right to call them back, and Henry here already said he would do whatever he can to sort out your business, so I would return it, then everyone's happy.

Superb of B&H to talk directly to the customers here, kuddos!
Mathieu Ghekiere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2007, 06:25 PM   #18
Regular Crew

My $0.02

I would obtain RMA, photographed the damage (as stated on the B&H tape that their boxes are sealed with) and blame the shipper - most likely it's their abuse.

I ordered 580EX flash from B&H, then XH-A1, then Manfrotto 351MVB2 with 503HDV head. All arrived as advertised - brand-new and very well packaged. The shipping was very prompt. Overall, I am very happy with B&H.

One thing that I thought was strange was that I got a catalog from B&H and picked out Kata MC-61 bag with free trolley; the package was advertised for $159. When I went to B&H web site, the site said $220, and when added to cart, the price dropped to $199. When I called B&H, a rep said that there was a typo in the catalog, and the price is really $199.

Imagine my surprise, when I got the "Digital Photography" source book from B&H two days later, and the price for the same package was stated as $179. So, now there are three different prices, and two of them are wrong. This is a bit strange for a dealer which I prior to that found impecable.
Maksim Yankovskiy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2007, 09:01 AM   #19
sponsor: B&H Photo-Video

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Rosen View Post
Thanks Henry for your interest in resolving my problem. I know you guys are closed down for a few days so I can think about returning it, and if I decide to I will Email you today or tomorrow.
Thank you. Look for my reply. It's my hope this can be resolved amicably and speedily.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders