Little League Highlights - Caution, big file - Page 4 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Canon XH G1S / G1 (with SDI), Canon XH A1S / A1 (without SDI).

Old July 11th, 2007, 08:51 AM   #46
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon McGuffin View Post
I couldn't disagree more. I'm sure the kids didn't have *any* problems whatsoever seeing themselves and their friends and weren't tempted by their iPod's, PS3's, and Cell Phones. I think it's people who keep producing faster and faster content because they *think* that's what they have to do to keep "current" are forcing the issue. Is the tail wagging the dog?!?!?

The music choice was, in my opinion, perfect. Who needs to produce content with the same old "tribute" songs you hear everywhere else. I credit Steven for doing this just the way he did and I can guarantee everybody involved loved it.

Jon
I do agree with your "tail wagging the dog" observation. You know it has gone too far when you almost get motion sickness looking at a video.

To clarify, I was talking about the soundtrack of the intro, not the video content. You have about 15 seconds to capture most adolescents attention or you are done. The slow soundtrack drags on for more than 1:30 into the production (including the PLF intro). Once the PLF intro is over, there should be a sharp crack of a bat and a roar of a crowd dubbed in to contrast the intro and wake everyone up. Then perhaps, some batter up baseball organ music.

A ton of great stuff is available at baseball music and stadium sounds websites.
Old July 11th, 2007, 09:03 AM   #47
Disjecta

I'm glad my piece is being re-conceived :)

It's all good and interesting to see another's take on it.

Although the intro maybe a big snooze fest and over the top for a lot of people, it was very deliberate on my part and I had the kids hooked from the minute it began because they all wanted to see their names on there and the candid nature of the shots, to me and the parents, showed some depth of each personality. And yes, I did want to slow it down because I don't like really choppy editing. It's a shame that some kids nowadays have the attention span of a flea so, ironically, the fact that they were expecting the usual kind of music associated with baseball led to a surprise and attentiveness when they heard it was different.

It's all subjective.

Thanks for the comments.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders