What settings do you use with your A1 when importing to final cut? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders

Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Canon XH G1S / G1 (with SDI), Canon XH A1S / A1 (without SDI).

Old June 27th, 2007, 11:37 PM   #1
New Boot

What settings do you use with your A1 when importing to final cut?

I just got the A1 recently and im having problems when I import to final cut. Everytime I import the audio is all out of place and off. So im wondering if its my settings in final cut or on my camera thats messing things up. And another problem im having is the footage that i import never works with garageband tracks that i make and import to itunes, i get crackling when i drag track in the timeline. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Paolo Marchica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2007, 05:41 AM   #2
Major Player

I've been using the HDV - 1080p25 Easy Setup (FCP 6) - works fine with my camera, although I am shooting in 25F and the camera is a PAL model of course.

Is the sound out of sync on the timeline or just when capturing? There is an obvious lag between the video being displayed in the capture window and the sound coming from the camera when capturing - just a thought.

Paul.
Paul Joy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2007, 08:36 AM   #3
Regular Crew

I just got my A1 yesterday, it rocks, I went and shot some stuff last night and it was amazing. But, I shot it all in 24fps and final cut wont let me import it. It recognizes the camera and will capture 60i footage, but when I hit capture now with 24fps it just says "WAITING FOR DEVISE INFO" and won't make a clip. All my project settings are at 24, although there was no "easy 1080p24" easy setup option.
Bryce Olejniczak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2007, 09:08 AM   #4
Contributor

I answered you in the above thread--it's really important to get the upgrade if you want to do 1080p24.
Bill Pryor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2007, 10:29 AM   #5
New Boot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Joy View Post

Is the sound out of sync on the timeline or just when capturing? There is an obvious lag between the video being displayed in the capture window and the sound coming from the camera when capturing - just a thought.

Paul.
The sound is out of sync in the timeline, and certain audio will even be missing.

Thanks Paul
Paolo Marchica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2007, 08:18 PM   #6
Contributor

I tried capturing some 1080p24 footage into my iBook, which is the small G4 iBook with the not-so-good video card. It imported fine, but when I played it back, it was out of sync as you describe. However, Just as a test I copied the project and the media files to the G5 at work and everything was in sync. Also, one time on the G5 I had my sequence setting different from the capture setting and it was out of sync. I pitched the sequence and did it right and all was well.
Bill Pryor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 29th, 2007, 12:43 PM   #7
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryce Olejniczak View Post
I just got my A1 yesterday, it rocks, I went and shot some stuff last night and it was amazing. But, I shot it all in 24fps and final cut wont let me import it. It recognizes the camera and will capture 60i footage, but when I hit capture now with 24fps it just says "WAITING FOR DEVISE INFO" and won't make a clip. All my project settings are at 24, although there was no "easy 1080p24" easy setup option.
That happened to me too, but While it was "Waiting for device info" I hit play on the camera and it imported fine.
Jerrod Cordell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 29th, 2007, 04:55 PM   #8
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryce Olejniczak View Post
Still can't get the upgrade for Final Cut... But I set imovie HD to capture 720p24 and it captured my 24fps footage just fine, then I just dropped it into Final Cut for editing.
Bryce Olejniczak is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders