A1/g1 Seminar At Birns - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Canon XH G1S / G1 (with SDI), Canon XH A1S / A1 (without SDI).

Old July 31st, 2007, 04:15 PM   #16
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Pike View Post
Bill,
I apologize if I seem to be off base to you on this. Perhaps I have been overwhelmed by too much spam over the last few days via email. In any event, it is my fervent belief that it is not the intention of this message board to solicit business and/or income for profit for its contributors. That is, I believe, best left to the sponsor's/advertiser's sections or the classified section of this web address. Don't get me wrong, I am, and will always be, a supporter of those sponsors that contribute to making this wonderful site possible. The issue I have is related to a message that is clearly a business solicitation...pure and simple...and which has absolutely nothing to do with the cost of lunch in LA.
Ken-
I thought I did a good job in explaining in #3 of this thread. Ours is more in-depth and longer than the typical sales presentation. If you knew our history here in Hollywood, you would know that we have been doing seminars, some free and some not, for quite some time.
As for soliciting business, every post here is, one way or another, soliciting....for work,to buy or rent,etc.....and they are cameramen, DPs,directors,producers, manufacturers, dealers (sponsors who pay to help keep this site going).....all looking for information and guidance to make better decisions. I post here to 1)answer direct questions that need the right answer or 2) when we have one of these events. I don't jump on and ask people to buy from us...I don't jump on and tell people we have cameras in stock.

Jim Martin
Birns & Sawyer

ps-I was gonna' say something....."but being a good christian woman..I won't"
<Auntie Em in the wizard of Oz>

pps-"no good deed goes unpunished"
<somebody from somewhere>
Jim Martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 31st, 2007, 04:55 PM   #17
New Boot

Jim,

I would like to offer my sincerest apology. My intent was to make a point regarding what occurred to me was an business proposal or solicitation. It was not my intent to belittle, insult or malign you or your company. After reviewing my comments, it is apparent to me that I have and for that I am sorry.

Ken
Ken Pike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 31st, 2007, 05:04 PM   #18
Major Player

Can this entire thread be moved to "Really Awkward and Makes Me Feel Dirty Inside" ?
Eric Weiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 2nd, 2007, 12:21 PM   #19
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Craig View Post
I would also be glad to know when there will be a firmware update. also what tapes does Canon recommend dry lub or wet lub.
Much apreciated.
I contacted canon's support centre on the web and asked what type of tape they recommend for the XH A1 this is the reply i got back.
"Dear Customer,

Thank you for your recent enquiry regarding your Canon XH-A1.

Please be advised that Canon do not publish information with regards to specific types of tape which can and can't be used with the camcorder. The only information we can provide you regarding this is that it's designed to be used with videocassettes bearing the "Mini-DV" mark.

Please be advised that there are no firmware updates for the XH-A1 which have been made generally available. Any firmware updates which are released are designed to resolve possible issues which may occur with the camcorder. If you are experiencing any problems with your XH-A1 our advice would be to get it sent back to one of our service centres. When they examine and service it, they will apply any firmware updates which are necessary. "
Alan Craig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 8th, 2007, 12:40 PM   #20
Major Player

To those who've called, yes there is room this Saturday.

Jim "Teflon" Martin
Jim Martin is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders