8 minute documentary at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders

Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Canon XH G1S / G1 (with SDI), Canon XH A1S / A1 (without SDI).

Old July 24th, 2007, 07:46 PM   #1
Regular Crew

8 minute documentary

Just finished a short 8 minute piece that preludes an hour long piece of the same topic. Followed the youth missions team from my church down to panama city and the san blas islands and documented their work (and fun). Shot it with a canon xh-a1..everything else done in vegas 7.

(and it is 400 something MB..so it's kind of big..i'm going to put a smaller version up tomorrow sometime)

www.jerfilm.com/documentaries/panama/index.htm

let me know what you think...

thanks
jeremiah
Jeremiah McLamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 24th, 2007, 11:25 PM   #2
Major Player

Some of those shots looked great man...

Couple questions...

The underwater shots? Actual housing or just improv?

What kind of mic were you using?
Old July 25th, 2007, 01:29 PM   #3
Regular Crew

underwater shots i used a small underwater housing unit for an HV10 (of which i'm trying to sell in the classifieds section of this forum)

for most of the interviews i used a sennheiser ew 100 G2 lav system...and for everything else and some interviews i used a sennheiser ME 66 short shotgun mounted on the camera...
Old July 27th, 2007, 03:58 PM   #4
Major Player

Man, what a fantastic piece!

Loved the video as well as it's content. Thanks so much for sharing that.

PS. I might just be interested in that water housing unit. I'll send you an email thru the site. If you don't get it let me know.
Brad Vaughan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 29th, 2007, 04:44 PM   #5
Regular Crew

Jeremiah that was fantastic! Not only was the camera work and the editing excellent, but having a glimpse at that missions trip was awesome. I liked your use of Hillsong too - did I hear a spanish version of "From The Inside Out" in there? Did you have any other equipment besides the A1 and the underwater housing? It looked as though you might've had some kind of camera support going there. Excellent job man, I really want to see the whole finished product!
Andrew Slankard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 30th, 2007, 04:56 PM   #6
Regular Crew

thanks guys!

yeah..hillsong is very popular here...(and i love it too!). The youth pastor is fluent in spanish because his parents were missionaries in costa rica..so he has lots of spanish music too.

The only equipment I had was the camera..underwater unit..a few mics..and thats it...no sticks or steadicam...

thanks again for the reviews!
Old July 30th, 2007, 09:22 PM   #7
Regular Crew

ouch!

fantastic editing! very cool message! the end credits are cool. That cursor scrolling in and out. :)

keep up the great work!
Kalulu Ngilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 11th, 2007, 01:40 PM   #8
New Boot

Nicely, nicely done. Great video, great message. Very interesting topic. Cross between National Geographic and a Billy Graham crusade. Good stuff. Thanks for sharing.
Steve Bartlett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 27th, 2007, 10:08 AM   #9
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Bartlett View Post
Nicely, nicely done. Great video, great message. Very interesting topic. Cross between National Geographic and a Billy Graham crusade. Good stuff. Thanks for sharing.
Thanks! Thats exactly what I was going for!
Jeremiah McLamb is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders