computer/camera becoming a serious issue at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders
Canon XL2 / XL1S / XL1 and GL2 / XM2 / GL1 / XM1.

Old August 24th, 2007, 02:20 AM   #1
Regular Crew

computer/camera becoming a serious issue

Hey I bought Veescope back in May, and I have not been able to get it to work with any DV camera in the last 2 months.
If I have a DV camera plugged in it will "beachball" until I unplug it and then it all of a sudden works fine, so with that said the only thing I seem to be able to use Veescope with is my isight..???

It also appears that FCP can not see my XL2, but it can see my GL1, however Veescope sees neither... I have the latest version of each program.
Veescope was working fine and then it just wasn't working, I'm open to it being something to do with my camera, but I just wanted to try and figure this out if it was a software issue first.

I always get the same result, when I try to initiate the XL2 I just get the spinning beachball, but if I unplug or turn off the camera, the log and capture window or the veescope window immediately comes up.
Chris Fritsche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 27th, 2007, 04:38 PM   #2
Inner Circle

Hi Chris..........

Did this issue start when you first attempted to use a different camera?

Sounds like there may be two, seperate issues.

Firstly, FCP (I'm presuming a Mac,right?) The XL2/ GL1 issue sounds like a driver has loaded and doesn't wan't to un - load. Not being a Mac bod can't even begin to point to a fix. If it was a PC I'd say connect the GL1, when it's attached, dive into Control Panel and find it in the hardware list, delete it and everything to do with it. Re - boot and try attaching the XL2. With a bit of luck and a following wind it just might load the correct driver set.

As for VeeScope (what is that BTW?), if the above worked ( or the Mac equivalent) try un - installing it and re - installing it again. Also, cast your mind back to anything else that may have been loaded at the time it stopped working. It could be a subsequent loaded app has overwritten a system file somewhere. If you really get desperate you could always un - install everything loaded since Veescope stopped working and do a progressive re - install till it either does or does not, stop working again.

CS
Chris Soucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 27th, 2007, 05:20 PM   #3
Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Fritsche View Post
I always get the same result, when I try to initiate the XL2 I just get the spinning beachball, but if I unplug or turn off the camera, the log and capture window or the veescope window immediately comes up.
The first line of corrective measures with OSX is to trash the preferences for the affected application. Next, open disk utility and do a "repair permissions". Restart the machine, then do another repair permissions. This resolves a lot of issues. You can find out how to trash preferences in Apple discussions elsewhere on the web.

-gb-
Greg Boston is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders