Presets:Blue Barn Error at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders
Canon XL2 / XL1S / XL1 and GL2 / XM2 / GL1 / XM1.

Old October 18th, 2007, 11:25 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Presets:Blue Barn Error

Hey guys
I was hoping someone knows how to fix this issue - I have installed the Blue Barn Presets Manager and when I load, for example, the wedding preset - I then go to Preset # 1 and then an error message comes up - then it closes down. I also tried picking the preset # first then loading the file but it still comes up with the error message as soon as I pick a preset.

This what the error message reads:

Run-time error '-2147467259 (80004005)':
Automation error
Unspecified error

Thanks guys
Prashanna Jayaseelan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 19th, 2007, 11:46 AM   #2
New Boot

I think this same error popped up on my screen once after installing it a while back.

connect the camera to the computer and turn it to EXT CONT. on the dial. NOW open the program and i think you should be able to load the presets w/out the error popping up. keep in mind that you must connect the camera before opening the program.

I'm at work right now so I can't really know for certain if this is the solution but please try it and let me know if it works..
Andre Guevara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 19th, 2007, 05:15 PM   #3
Regular Crew

No go

Hey thanks for the tip, but that still did not work - I uninstalled Blue Barns now and then reinstalled it but the pop screen that asks for the directory for the driver does not come up, i think thats b/c the computer has already recognized the camera - so the installation wizard doesn't come up. Any ideas on how to fix this problem?
Prashanna Jayaseelan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 19th, 2007, 09:29 PM   #4
Regular Crew

Windows Update

Hey guys I even did the windows update to my PC and the error message still pops up when i select a preset # - any other suggestions guys? how do you install the driver if the wizard does not pop up?
Prashanna Jayaseelan is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders