Video, internet---codec questions! at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders

Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders
Canon XL2 / XL1S / XL1 and GL2 / XM2 / GL1 / XM1.

Old February 26th, 2008, 02:42 PM   #1
Christian Flatzek

Video, internet---codec questions!

Hi gyes!
got my canon xl2 since 2 month now.
And i need to learn a lot about the different filetyps and codecs.
I´m already very happy with my camera-settings and presets.
I alway export the footages with premiere pro cs3 in "microsoft DV-avi" format first (with a very good result)
Then i converted it to DivX and uploadet it to Stage6.com
The codec is really great, because you don`t really lose quality even with a very small filesize! Stage6 shutts down on the 28th of February! And i didn`t find any other site, where u can upload and playback DivX.
I also have an account on Blip.TV... u can upload almost every filetype there, but the problem is, its all getting convertet to Flash! and i lost detail, color and gamma a lot! have a look http://mansek.blip.tv/#700238
What do you know about the H.264 - codec, and wich programm can i use.
just tell me, what you know about the different codecs....and possibilities to get good results on the internet! Thanks a lot

Chris
Vienna

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders