Batteries for XL2 in England at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders
Canon XL2 / XL1S / XL1 and GL2 / XM2 / GL1 / XM1.

Old March 19th, 2008, 06:39 PM   #1
New Boot

Batteries for XL2 in England

Can anyone recommend a seller in the UK for batteries. I live near Heathrow Airport but appreciate mail order might be necessary.
Julian Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 19th, 2008, 07:00 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Hello Julian,

My first buying on ebay was two Canon BP945 batteries. Since then I always been buying batteries going on ebay.

You will be saving a lot of money and if you look carefully you will not have any problems. Just ask the right questions to the seller.

Good luck!
Old March 20th, 2008, 09:12 AM   #3
Inner Circle

Yeah, I second that. eBay. And even if you don't want to buy through eBay do a search on 'BP-945 7200' in eBay and it should throw up a few sponsored ads. The 7200 is the mAh rating although there don't seem to be any available on eBay in the UK. They all seem to be 6000 or 6600 mAh at the moment.

I own 8 non-Canon BP945's (6600 to 7200 mAh) and I get equally as good performance from them as I do the original Canon ones. Whether they will give the same performance after a few years remains to be seen but the savings will more than make up for that. I've been using them quite aggressively for 12 months and no complaints so far.

I bought mine from a listing from these guys: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/For-Canon-BP-9...QQcmdZViewItem

THere are plenty of other suppliers (although I personally choose to stay away from the HK or China sellers - when they identify themselves as such!)
Ian Stark is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders