XL2 - Menu Options & Image Control at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders

Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders
Canon XL2 / XL1S / XL1 and GL2 / XM2 / GL1 / XM1.

Old July 13th, 2004, 02:03 PM   #1
Major Player

XL2 - Menu Options & Image Control

In the images of the menu options that Chris posted here it looks like the controls for each option are simple sliders.

Are there no units of measurment in the menu?

It's great that we can change the setup and pedastal settings, but without an actual readout or measurement, it seems rather difficult to calibrate the camera without a waveform and vectorscope.

It would be nice to know how many IRE each 'click' of the pedestal slider is actually bumping the black levels.

If not actual measurement, at least number would be nice.
The DVX at least gives you a scale from -7 to +7.

With a slider you are simply going to have to count how many clicks from the end you are. Not exactly user friendly.

I hope someone who has seen the menu can tell me I'm wrong on this. Are there numbered measurements in there somewhere?

-Luis
Luis Caffesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 14th, 2004, 01:12 AM   #2
Obstreperous Rex

Luis

See my XL2 Menu System overview. There are no units of measurment in the menu. The sliders go from -6 to +6 steps. We're going to determine what those increments are in reverse fashion with a scope at some point after DV Expo.

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders