Initial rental rates at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders

Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders
Canon XL2 / XL1S / XL1 and GL2 / XM2 / GL1 / XM1.

Old August 24th, 2004, 01:40 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Initial rental rates

http://www.ginnphoto.on.ca/docs/rentals.pdf

190/day
570/week

Not sure if this would be canadian or US, as they are in ontario.
Jed Williamson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 24th, 2004, 06:12 PM   #2
Mad Scientist

Hi -- My company is working diligently to get the first XL2 in central Texas -- we've specialized in renting and supporting the XL1/XL1s line since 1998. We also support student and independent filmmakers, so the initial rates will depend on whether or not the production is commercial (your client is paying for it) or artistic (you're paying for it).

Commercial rate: $150/day
Artistic rate: $125/day

There's also our student discount and multi-day discount. We also have the 16x manual lens, matt box and other goodies for the XLx.
Kevin Triplett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 24th, 2004, 06:37 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Jed , check out any independent filmmaker or electronic media organizations in or near your state. I can rent a DVC pro 50 for a $125Canadian per day (which I think is about 75cents US.) Vancouver, for non commercial work. In the past I could rent the XL1s for $35 per day. The XL2 might be a different story until there are a number of them available, but it's worth a try.
Good luck.
Bill Anderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 24th, 2004, 06:38 PM   #4
Obstreperous Rex

Kevin! Long time no see! Still got the Theremin?

"Let's do lunch"

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2004, 12:03 PM   #5
Regular Crew

Soon I will need to rent a XL2 in the Nashville/Atlanta area. But I don't know if other places will ship an XL2 all the way here. And I'm not sure of places where I can get an XL2 around here. I can drive to either Nasville or Atlanta to pic one up.

Anyone know of a place?
Daniel Broadway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2004, 07:30 PM   #6
Mad Scientist

Daniel -- we sometimes ship our equipment out of state, it all depends on the individual and the shoot. Give me a call or drop me some email -- website is www.mopacmedia.com.

$35/day for XL1s? Wow, that's a fantastic rate! I've seen the XL1s rent for $75 - $200 depending on the accessories and the market and the owner. For the least expensive rate, find a private individual who owns one and be really kind to them. :) Or work out a barter system with them -- bartering is definitely the way to go for low-budget productions.
Kevin Triplett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2004, 11:17 AM   #7
Mad Scientist

Oh! Hewy Chris! For some strange reason, I thought you were talking to someone else who has a Theramin! Ha -- yes, glad to be back in the community, thanks! Let's definitely "do lunch" asap. When will you and your SO be in Austin again? I'll gladly buy a round of nice hand crafted brews at the Draught House if you're interested...Kevin
Kevin Triplett is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders