Any users in Hawaii at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders

Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders
Canon XL2 / XL1S / XL1 and GL2 / XM2 / GL1 / XM1.

Old September 13th, 2004, 05:42 PM   #1
New Boot

Any users in Hawaii

I'm located in Hawaii, and as you can imagine, we have no quality video shops here to try out new equipment. Is there anyone on Oahu who has purchased an XL2? I'm really a still photog by trade, but dabble in DV as a hobby. Thanks!
Mike Campbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 13th, 2004, 09:43 PM   #2
Regular Crew

XL2

As soon as i get one you are more than welcome to check it out...

i am sure that Francis Camera will be getting one since they are a Canon Dealer...

Brian Gauthier
Brian Gauthier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 13th, 2004, 11:10 PM   #3
New Boot

Thanks Brian.
Yeah, I called Francis, and we all know they're over-priced and get stuff in late...oh and they don't take too kindly to young buyers even though they may have money. Oh well.
Mike Campbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 14th, 2004, 01:35 AM   #4
Major Player

Quote:
Oh and they don't take too kindly to young buyers even though they may have money
Mike, I agree with you there. A few times I thought they could have treated us better. Of course, I think it all really depends on who is there that day, like most establishments.

When they finally do get the XL2, go in and check it out then buy from one of the DVInfo sponsers. Often you can save on accessories and make up for the shipping charge to Hawaii. For example, Francis camera sells the Pelican cases for exorbitant prices. I can order - and did order - the Pelican 1650 and Pelican 1600 cases from B&H Photo and EVS Online, both DVInfo sponsers, and the price was still cheaper with shipping then at Francis.
Christopher Go is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders