My subjective first impressions of the XL2 - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders
Canon XL2 / XL1S / XL1 and GL2 / XM2 / GL1 / XM1.

Old November 9th, 2004, 04:54 PM   #31
Still Motion

I was thinking about heading down to Montreal to pick one up. It seems like it would be a fun trip and definitely worth it considering Henry's and vistek. Maybe somebody local to Montreal can see if they ship, possible have a website or get us a phone number. I wonder how many people would be interested at $5700?
Patrick Moreau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 9th, 2004, 07:12 PM   #32
Major Player

Here's their Web Site: L.L. Lozeau

All the contact info is on there.
David Lach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 9th, 2004, 07:23 PM   #33
Still Motion

I found that site with osme searching, wasn't sure if it was the right one, and i tried to contact them but no luck via email. Maybe the phone will work.
Old November 9th, 2004, 07:32 PM   #34
Major Player

Never asked anything via their Email, but they do answer to that number on their Site. You might stumble on someone who speaks french and not a whole lot of english though (which would be surprising). If that happens, just ask for an english speaking person to answer your question.

If they ship (which I don't know if they do), it might be an even bigger discount, since I'm guessing you'd only have to pay federal taxes. Not sure about that though, so don't quote me on this, but when I buy out of Quebec this is usually what happens. I have to say I don't care much about taxes since I get them fully refunded, but if it's not your case, this extra $4-500 could be sweet. Don't want to get your hopes up before you actually talk to someone there though ;-)
David Lach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 9th, 2004, 08:51 PM   #35
Regular Crew

commercial@lozeau.com

I just emailed them about the PST matter. But I didn't ask them about the group purchase because I'm not really a good organizer and I'm not certain how it'd be done (who would collect and send the money? would they ship everything to my house and then you would come over and pick it up? etc.)
Roger Moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2004, 03:11 PM   #36
Major Player

I bought my XL1S out-of-province. I only paid GST on it from Alberta, buying from Quebec should be no different. Just don't buy from the Maritimes, 15% regardless of where you shop from (crazy tax system out there)

Anyone from Toronto should consider the following however: The price of gas (at least 1 full tank) plus the hours of driving to get it may not appeal to you once you discover overnight shipping should be around $60. Personally, I'd go for shipping, I just came back from a 2-day drive from the South Eastern USA anyway :)
Old November 11th, 2004, 03:30 PM   #37
Still Motion

I have spoken with them and they came up with $6100 with GST included shipped here. There price i $5700 before tax and out of provine is not subject to PST so total is only $6100 and they said they would give me shipping included.
Old November 11th, 2004, 03:44 PM   #38
Regular Crew

love it. gonna get it.
Roger Moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 11th, 2004, 03:51 PM   #39
Still Motion

Roger

Where are you located, maybe we can purchase a pair and get a discount? It would we worth inquiring.
Patrick Moreau is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders