Rods and bars - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders

Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders
Canon XL2 / XL1S / XL1 and GL2 / XM2 / GL1 / XM1.

Old November 29th, 2004, 06:04 PM   #16
Major Player

I have a Vocas clip-on MB which I love. It has two rotating stages and the build quality is superb.

I got mine in NYC at the Filter Gallery which has a good line of most matteboxes from which to chose.
Jim Sofranko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 29th, 2004, 08:42 PM   #17

Bas:

That mattebox you said is a "Vocas" looks exactly like my Century Optics MB. And if you look closely at the illustration, you'll see the Century Optics logo on the shade.
Old November 30th, 2004, 05:13 AM   #18
New Boot

Rob,

Yes, I work for Vocas.
I do the mechanical product development for Vocas.
The matteboxes and supports are my baby's.

At www.vocas.nl (in stead of .com) you can find out what we sell in the Netherlads to pro camera man.

Charles,

Correct, the Century mattebox is made by us.
Century sells it in the states as a Century product, and we sell it as our own brand in the rest of the world.

Regards,

Bas Ladru
Vocas
Bas Ladru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 1st, 2004, 05:46 AM   #19
RED Code Chef

Bas: sounds like a nice job. Good to know! I didn't know the
Century mattebox was made here. Unfortunately I'm not doing
this professionally at this point in time, so I have to buy stuff
myself (which is usually too expensive), oh well.

Rob Lohman, visuar@iname.com
DV Info Wrangler & RED Code Chef

Join the DV Challenge | Lady X

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | Buy from the best: DVinfo.net sponsors
Rob Lohman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 1st, 2004, 10:25 AM   #20

Matte Box

Bas:

Thanks for clearing that up. I thought your matte box looked a lot like my Century Optics box.

Mybe this isn't the right place, but since Century Optics won't return my phone call or email I''ll tell you... with the Canon XL1s using the 16X manual servo lens, how the matte box rods mount to the bottom of my camera, and then to the tripod sleeve, makes it way off center. I don't like it at all. My first call to Century Optics resulted in a promise to return my call, but it never happened. I understand there is an adapter or something to fix the problem, but they don't answer email, either. Maybe you know what that adapter is, or is that something Century Optics makes themselves? It just bothers me that one spends so much money ($800.00 in this case) and can't get a phone call returned.

Thanks. Sorry to rag on you for a Century Optics customer service issue.
Old December 2nd, 2004, 02:35 AM   #21
New Boot

Rob,

If you need a mattebox or support let me know, sometimes we have some second hand or ex demo equipment with extra discount available.

Charles,

Resently (since the arrival of the XL-2) we have changed the design of the Xl-1 support, it now fits on the XL-2 also.
And it has a flat base.
I suppose you have the first model XL-1 support which has no flat base. For some tripods (Manfrotto and Vinten) you need a flat base to be able to attach it to the tripod. Therefore we have made the "tripod spacer".
Once this spacer attached to the support, you have a flat base.
I think Century ment this adapter.

I made a drawing for you make things clear:
http://home.tiscali.nl/~bladru/temp/XL%20SUPPORT.PDF

Best regards,

Bas Ladru
Vocas Systems B.V.
Bas Ladru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 2nd, 2004, 08:40 AM   #22

Xl-1s mattebox

That looks lie it might fix the problem. If Century ever returns my email or phone call , I'll order one. I wouldn't mind having the French flag, too.

Thanks again!

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders