DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-xl-gl-series-dv-camcorders/)
-   -   Anyone in NH or ME own an XL2? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-xl-gl-series-dv-camcorders/40096-anyone-nh-me-own-xl2.html)

Bill Edmunds February 25th, 2005 08:39 AM

Anyone in NH or ME own an XL2?

I live in Conway NH and would love to check out an XL2 if someone out there lives failry close to me. Any takers?

Christopher C. Murphy February 25th, 2005 08:42 AM

Hey neighbor, I'm near the Exeter area.

I don't have an XL2, but I have a Z1U if you'd like to check it out. It's probably a 1 1/2 drive though..

Bill Edmunds February 25th, 2005 08:51 AM

<<<-- Originally posted by Christopher C. Murphy : Hey neighbor, I'm near the Exeter area.

I don't have an XL2, but I have a Z1U if you'd like to check it out. It's probably a 1 1/2 drive though.. -->>>

Hi there neighbor! Not sure about the Z1, but I might be interested... do you use it in SD or HD mode? In SD, is it native 16:9 or 4:3? What SD camera were you using before? Thanks!

Christopher C. Murphy February 25th, 2005 10:12 AM

Hi Bill,

I've only used it in HD mode, but apparently from what others have said it's just as good as the PD-170. It's slightly different, of course, because of the basic design elements. But, I've used the PD-170 and this thing blows away any DV camera I've ever held before...including the XL2. My friend has an XL1s and he's selling it to get the Z1U. I haven't shot with the XL2 - only the XL1. So, I can't say anything about the XL2's actually footage from shooting....I've only held it in my hands.

The Z1U is definately something to look into, and there is a great article inthe new DV magazine in regards to the ROI of HDV. Apparently, it's worth the money based on a 4 year depreciation.

Also, my girlfriend and I sometimes drive up your way. If we decide to take a ride we could meet at a diner and you can checkout the Z1. It's a little bigger than the PD-170...I love it personally. The flipout is better than any other camera I've ever seen.

I'll see if I can get the article online and post a link.

Brent Ray February 25th, 2005 01:56 PM

This may be no help, but I'm from Westford, MA which is very close to the NH border (about 5-10 min. from Nashua). I'm at school in California however, but I'm going to be back home for the last full week in March. If you still haven't found someone by then, I have an XL2 I'd be glad to let you look at. I know it's a pretty lengthy drive from Conway, but if you're interested, just let me know.

Bill Edmunds February 25th, 2005 01:57 PM

<<<-- Originally posted by Brent Ray : This may be no help, but I'm from Westford, MA which is very close to the NH border (about 5-10 min. from Nashua). I'm at school in California however, but I'm going to be back home for the last full week in March. If you still haven't found someone by then, I have an XL2 I'd be glad to let you look at. I know it's a pretty lengthy drive from Conway, but if you're interested, just let me know. -->>>

Hi Brent,
Thanks for the offer -- if I decide to make the trip, I'll let you know!