Canon XL2 not working on Apple Tiger and FCP 4.5? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders

Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders
Canon XL2 / XL1S / XL1 and GL2 / XM2 / GL1 / XM1.

Old May 17th, 2005, 06:53 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Canon XL2 not working on Apple Tiger and FCP 4.5?

Hi all...

Just wondering if someone has experienced the same problems I am having with the new Tiger OS and Final Cut Pro 4.5 and Quicktime 7 on a G5. Ever since I have upgraded my system to the new OS, My XL2 won't mount...
I even checked my firewire status on system profiler, but when the XL2 is hooked up, it locks my system up...
I've checked everything I can, but to no avail.. I know my XL2's firewire port is good, because it works on my other macs running Panther.
Any other experiences out there that can help me? Or did I adopt too early on this one?

Thanks so much!
Bob Stovall
Bob Stovall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2005, 07:44 PM   #2
Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Stovall
Or did I adopt too early on this one?
In my opinion... yes. :-) I'm in the middle of a project and wouldn't even dream of changing both the Operating System and Quicktime. There are a few things you can try however.

First, have you downloaded the latest update?

http://www.apple.com/support/downloa...macosx104.html

This fixes some problems, but evidently doesn't address others. If it doesn't help, visit the FCP support forum at apple.com here:

http://discussions.info.apple.com/

There are a number of threads about FCP problems with 10.4. In fact, it's not a bad idea to visit there before upgrading anything...
Boyd Ostroff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2005, 12:10 PM   #3
Regular Crew

read this

Hi Bob

I am sorry to hear about your problems but try reading this:-

http://www.kenstone.net/fcp_homepage...ing_tiger.html

It will at least give you a list of things you can try.

Can you post how you get on because I am planning to do the same, though I am also planning on upgrading to the new Final Cut Studio in a few weeks.

Good luck.

Last edited by Eric A Robinson; May 18th, 2005 at 12:13 PM. Reason: spelling
Eric A Robinson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders