MA300 tip - Be Warned and be ready at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders

Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders
Canon XL2 / XL1S / XL1 and GL2 / XM2 / GL1 / XM1.

Old July 17th, 2005, 04:32 AM   #1
Major Player

MA300 tip - Be Warned and be ready

I have had the MA300 adaptor for nearly a year now and use ity with a Sennheiser MKE300 on CH1 and a Senn Radio Mic 0n CH2. It works great at weddings - till yesterday. As normal I had checked it out before setting out for the day, but had to remove it at one point during the day (before the wedding service). When I put it back on both audio inputs were intermittent and with 2 mins before the service we decided to put the RM on the XL1S main camera (day saved). Because of the problem we used the main camera for any audio for the rest of the day.

Now, on inspection this morning I found the culprit, I could have kicked myself for not spotting it yesterday but with the pressure etc not surprised I did not.

If you look at the bottom of the MA300 (hotshoe fitting) you will see 4 very small cross head screws. One of these had come out slightly and had stopped the connections mating correctly hence tthe intermittent audio. I am calm and collected today and will be next shoot.

Be Warned and put a very small watchmakers screwdriver in your Camera bag
Old July 17th, 2005, 07:45 AM   #2
Obstreperous Rex

Excellent tip, Alan.

I'm going to break my own rule against cross-posting and copy this over to the XL2 forum; those folks need to see this as well. Much appreciated,

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders