Where in Atlanta can I go at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders
Canon XL2 / XL1S / XL1 and GL2 / XM2 / GL1 / XM1.

Old July 20th, 2005, 10:09 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Where in Atlanta can I go

Where could I go if I wanted to learn about using a camera, "cinematography", do any schools in the area allow you to pay to take a class and not worry about getting course credit. I am not in college nor do I wish to finish, I just want the info.
Chris Fritsche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2005, 10:16 AM   #2
Regular Crew

Do you want to learn about video or film cameras? You can learn about both by taking workshops at the Image Film & Video Center in Atlanta. The Art Institute of Atlanta has video production classes too but I don't know if they teach film. Another option is to contact one of the several rental houses in Atlanta.

Main Site
www.imagefv.org

Board
www.imagefv.org/resources_board.htm
James Emory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 21st, 2005, 07:55 AM   #3
Major Player

Hey Chris,
another way would be to volunteer to help at some of the studios here in Atlanta. It wont cost you anything, and they may beat you like a rented mule, but you'll get a chance to learn and see live sets.

The previous post of the Image Film and Video center looks great. I'm a member, but ebery time they have a good seminar I have something going on with work. There's a 16mm seminar coming up in August. That would be a great way to get your hands on a film camera and learn a few things.

We have student interns in the summer, but our production is far from the norm. We do live broadcasts in the studio once a week, and various taped productions from time to time.

J Patnaude
Jeff Patnaude is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders