DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-xl-gl-series-dv-camcorders/)
-   -   Blue Barn Pictures XL2 Presets Manager discussion thread (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-xl-gl-series-dv-camcorders/48307-blue-barn-pictures-xl2-presets-manager-discussion-thread.html)

Ian Stark August 9th, 2006 03:38 PM

I'm lucky enough to be travelling to Germany tomorrow to film the Old Timers Grand Prix at Nuerburgring. In fact I only found out half an hour ago so everything is a bit rushed!

My question is this: is the Sports preset going to work for motor sports or did you have field sports primarily in mind? I've been commissioned by a friend who wants a 'stylised' account of the event (in which he is a competitor), rather than a 'typical video' (his words). I clearly won't have time to make any tests, and as an absolute newcomer to the XL2 (four days) I was hoping for some suggestions.

Any offers? TIA.

Cheers,

Ian . . .

Julian Seeto August 13th, 2006 05:08 AM

never seems to install :(

hey guys, im having a problem trying to install this.
after i click on the icon to proceed with installation after the bit where it gives you the option to change installation directory, it just hangs there- cpu sits on 100% and eventually just freezes.

any help would be greatly appreciated,

thanks in advance.
julz

Jeff Geissler August 24th, 2006 12:31 PM

mac version ;)

Eventually I'll have an Intel mac-- but not in the foreseeable future...
Keep me posted on the mac version!!

Thanks!
~jeff

Pulung Pribadi September 5th, 2006 07:23 AM

Same problem with me

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan Lim
when i use this preset manager ,this is what happen :

run-time error -2147467259 (80004005)':

what this mean ?

Guys, its happen the same with me, it happen when i try to read the preset or try to load it to my xl2, after the run-time error occured, then the preset manager shut by it self.
for you to know, my xl2 is 'pal' version, while i read that most of you guys use the 'ntsc' version, are there any possibilities that this thing that make it happen..
any one can help us please..?
Thanks alot to you all..

T.D. Jones October 22nd, 2006 10:31 AM

Anything new on the Mac version?

Just thought I'd check.

Thanks,

Tim

Jarrod Whaley October 22nd, 2006 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by T.D. Jones
Just thought I'd check.

Thanks,

Tim

Canon still hasn't released the Mac developer's kit, and at this point, I doubt they ever will. So, no. :)

Tim Suggs November 16th, 2006 06:11 PM

Trying to load Documentary preset to my XL2

I made sure my camera was connected properly and in the "Ext Cont" position, however when I tried to save the file to my camera, i kept getting runtime errors...

Can someone explain how I would place a file (Documentary.bbp) onto my camera?

***Update***
No driver installed, fixed it! Thanks me.

Thanks
Tim

Steve Maller November 16th, 2006 08:08 PM

Has anybody used the Presets Manager on an Intel Mac using Parallels or Boot Camp?

Steve Maller November 16th, 2006 08:15 PM

Obviously I'm referring to an Intel Mac running Windows

Chris Hurd November 16th, 2006 09:56 PM

Canon had a Console demo on an Intel Mac during the XL H1 Road Show tour earlier this summer. I saw it up close and personal; it runs fine in that configuration.

Steve Maller November 17th, 2006 12:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Hurd
Canon had a Console demo on an Intel Mac during the XL H1 Road Show tour earlier this summer. I saw it up close and personal; it runs fine in that configuration.

Was it running under Windows on the Mac, or natively on Mac OS X?

Kevin Randolph November 21st, 2006 04:31 PM

Running on a Portable Device?

Okay, I've read nearly all 9 pages of posts in this thread and thought that I'd revisit a question posed earlier...

There was a comment about running the Preset Manager on a Windows compatible PDA, but the problem was that there aren't any PDAs with a firewire port. There are however several, if not close to all of them out there, that operate on a USB port. After searching around, I found a $40 USB/1394 hub at B&H.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/cont...ist&sku=370317

Now, does anyone know if it would be possible to connect the PDA to the Hub via USB, and the XL2 to the Hub via a 4 to 6 pin 1394 cable?

Now I know the one problem with this setup is that the Hub needs its own power supply. But if this setup would work, it wouldn't be the first time that I've bought a battery and cut off the 110 end of a power supply. Any thoughts???

Basically, I run a Mac system (non-intel) and don't have the resources to purchase a Wintel. The only thing I would use the Wintel for anyway is the preset manager, and if i can make it portable in an inexpensive way - all the better.

Has anyone actually loaded the program on a PDA? Does it seem to function except for the connection to the XL2?

Any and all feedback appreciated...

Kevin

***** EDIT *****

I think just answered my own question and I got too excited and posted too fast. It appears that to connect to the computer, you connect 1 1394 and 1 USB and the Hub expands each individually. The circuitry probably doesn't overlap (essentially 2 hubs in 1 housing). Does anyone know of a hub that you connect just a USB to and then can connect 1394 to the hub? Or am I simply beating a long dead horse?

Thanks again,
Kevin

Steve Maller November 21st, 2006 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kevin Randolph
Okay, I've read nearly all 9 pages of posts in this thread and thought that I'd revisit a question posed earlier...

There was a comment about running the Preset Manager on a Windows compatible PDA, but the problem was that there aren't any PDAs with a firewire port.

[...]

Or am I simply beating a long dead horse?

If it walks like a fish and talks like a fish... ;-)

Chris Hurd November 21st, 2006 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve Maller
Was it running under Windows on the Mac, or natively on Mac OS X?

The Console demo on the Intel Mac I'm referring to above was running Windows XP.

And for Kevin:

Sorry but there's no such thing as USB to FireWire or vice versa.

Somebody needs to invent a FireWire-equipped PDA, but I doubt it'll ever happen.

Kevin Randolph November 21st, 2006 11:29 PM

Not really a PDA, but...

While I was looking around for the elusive pda with firewire I did find this...

http://www.sonystyle.com/is-bin/INTE...tSKU=VGNUX280P

Made by Sony, PDA size, has firewire (with included port replicator)... but not PDA priced (1900 USD).