Anyone using Panasonic AG-DV2500 with XL2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders
Canon XL2 / XL1S / XL1 and GL2 / XM2 / GL1 / XM1.

Old August 28th, 2005, 07:07 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Anyone using Panasonic AG-DV2500 with XL2

Hey folks,

Is anyone out there using a Panasonic AG-DV2500 deck with their XL2? Are you able to use it as your capture deck without getting dropped frames or audio drop outs? I'm considering switching from my Sony DSR-11 because I have had little to no luck getting good captures from it when playing tapes shot with my XL2.

I've done several searches in this and other forums and have made sure I've cleaned both the deck's heads and my XL2's. I use only Panasonic AY-DVM63PQ tapes in SP mode, and they play back fine through the XL2.

Thanks for any help on this.

Kevin
Kevin Brumfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2005, 07:19 PM   #2
Wrangler

Although I have posted this elsewhere, I have had the experience of my XL-2 tape not wanting to properly play back in my Panasonic PV-DV953 camera. However, tape shot by the Panny played back fine in the XL-2.

It's not the first time I've heard of this issue either.

FWIW,

-gb-
Greg Boston is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders