XL2 zoom control hesitating at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders

Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders
Canon XL2 / XL1S / XL1 and GL2 / XM2 / GL1 / XM1.

Old October 25th, 2005, 09:24 PM   #1
New Boot

XL2 zoom control hesitating

Does anyone know if there is some setting that would make my zoom hesitate while zooming? It is the zoom control by the right hand control. Zoom works fine with the LANC control and seems to work with the top handle control although I dont use that one much. I've tried adjusting it from variable to constant from fast to slow. Please tell me I dont have to send it back to Canon!
Alan Daoud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 26th, 2005, 06:14 AM   #2
Regular Crew

Hi Alan. Sorry I don't have an answer for you but find I have the same problem with the zoom control on the top of the handle.
Sprague
Sprague Theobald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 27th, 2005, 09:36 AM   #3
Trustee

I've noticed also that when using the "top" zoom control a get a short 1 second delay from when I press it until the zoom starts moving. Odd.......
Marty Hudzik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 28th, 2005, 04:30 AM   #4
Trustee

Hi Alan. The only times I have seen this were due to the camera resting on something that touches the zoom ring. Even a brief touch will cause the zoom to stop for a while.

Richard
Richard Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 7th, 2005, 11:43 AM   #5
New Boot

same problem with top

the zoom controls on the top of mine pause too.
Travis Minchew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 7th, 2005, 09:13 PM   #6
Major Player

Count me in too. It doesn't happen frequently enough to really gripe about. All these posts have me wondering, however. For the record, when my zoom "stuttered" nothing was touching the zoom ring. Good observation, though.
Eric Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 21st, 2005, 09:25 AM   #7
Major Player

if your lens has image stabilizing turned on it tries to resist zooms initially, then sort of snaps into it like a rubber band because the IS is trying to stop the image from moving, see if you have the problem with IS turned off

-Jon
Jon Bickford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 17th, 2006, 06:57 PM   #8
Regular Crew

xl2

It happens when you barely touch the manual zoom. You may not even realize you're doing it.
Bryan Aycock is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders