Looking for XL-2 Accessories at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders

Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders
Canon XL2 / XL1S / XL1 and GL2 / XM2 / GL1 / XM1.

Old December 16th, 2005, 04:41 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Looking for XL-2 Accessories

Is there a website that has more "professional" accessories for the XL-2 like Anton-Bauer batteries follow focus rigs and such like that?
Joseph Ivey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 16th, 2005, 06:12 PM   #2
Inner Circle

Joseph,

I think youre going to have to put the search in the right order. Decide what professional accessories you want. Visit their website and see if they will work with the xl2. That's what most of us do. There's no particular Xl2 Website that lists all the specific third party accessories that will fit it.
Richard Alvarez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 17th, 2005, 11:52 AM   #3
New Boot

Anton Bauer has a Gold mount plate for the XL2 (which is nice.) You can use their batteries, and even the Ultralight (with the power tap.) Chimera makes a mini-softbox for the Ultalight too.

Cavision has a bracket/rod system for follow focus. It's much cheaper than a Chrosziel (although it is carbon fibre, may have a tendency to break under pressure.)
Dave Wowchuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 21st, 2005, 11:10 PM   #4
Major Player

There are some places like ZGC, in New Jersey who can help you put together an order, but yes, you'll have to do your "due dillignce" and look around. The ZGC site has a good inventory of most of the things you'll need. Talk to Chris, she's very knowledgable and helpful.

Cinetech makes a really great follow focus, the FF02. The only drawback is that it's one sided. For another grand, you can get the Studio model.

I like the Vinten aluminum two stage legs with the Vision 3 head. Although, I think I might like the Vision 6, since it doesn't need springs. I sometimes use a DVX100A, so the lighter springs are helpful. Cartoni has some nice fluid heads and legs. Sachtler's DV series of heads are flimsy and I don't like those sticks. Obviously their bigger tripods and heads are the best, but their lighter weight 'pods leave a lot to be desired. Abel Cine Tech in NYC have been selling Panther tripods, which look a little spindley, but I've played with them and they are quite nice, well designed and sturdy.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders