Custom Presets at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders
Canon XL2 / XL1S / XL1 and GL2 / XM2 / GL1 / XM1.

Old May 26th, 2006, 12:11 PM   #1
Tourist

Custom Presets

Dear All, I am new to this forum and it seems that you are very helpful and I am really proud to own this magnificent camera the XL2, I came across the custom presets program and the presets themselfs, can you please tell me where I can use them I mean Weddings preset is for weddings but there are others like amelie or technicolor can anyone help?
Another question please, I have successfully loaded the weddings one in the camera because when I press MENU I can see that Weddings on the ps1, so when in the viewfinder I see CP1 , I guess it means that I am using Custom Preset 1 right? thanks in advance and hope you will spare sometime to answer me.
Herbert Camilleri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 2nd, 2006, 12:58 PM   #2
Regular Crew

I have not had much time to play with all the custom presets in the BBP manager yet, but you may glean more information on that from this thread.
As for the custom presets, you are correct. The EVF will show CP1 when you have the first custom preset selected no matter what the name of the preset is. If you have not yet seen it, the XL2 feature tour is an excellent free resource to get you started with your camera.
Good luck and have fun!
Colin Ard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 2nd, 2006, 11:37 PM   #3
Inner Circle

preset use

Herbert,

I have been tinkering with the presets that are given on the preset thread.
I have two favorites: I use the saturated preset for almost everything, particularly outdoors, as I like the richer color I get from it.
I also like the focus preset, it is terrific!!!

I use focus for preset 1, I keep saturate as preset 2, and I leave 3 open to tinker around with to make changes and such.
Old June 4th, 2006, 05:02 AM   #4
Regular Crew

Yes, those presets are Great, what a help they are. Can anyone say, if there's one, for poor lighting conditions, a dark Reception Area etc. I know it's best to get some light on the subject, but a starting preset would help as well.

Thanks, Michael.
Michael Cassidy is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders