XL-2 Pointed at the sun at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders
Canon XL2 / XL1S / XL1 and GL2 / XM2 / GL1 / XM1.

Old June 10th, 2006, 12:14 AM   #1
Regular Crew

XL-2 Pointed at the sun

I've pointed my XL-2 at the sun in the near past (actually it was upwards, focusing on a basketball rim, and all it got was the silhouette, which looked great, with the overexposed sun behind the rim...)...

I'm worried. Will this or has this damaged the CCD's? If so, how would I tell?

P.S. Some of you may remember me having started a "New XL-2 tomorrow, anything we MUST do first?" thread. I've since learned all I could about the camera and now, here we go... I have some test footage, more like samples, from a film I am shooting. Feel free to check it out and comment. I wish I could pull the high res video out but my hosting doesn't have the space. So compressed google video it is!

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...&q=el+mar+test

Cheers!
Joe Desmond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 10th, 2006, 01:15 AM   #2
Trustee

I have done lots of sun timelapse with no issues... the biggest problem I have seen is with people leaving their viewfinder up and it cooking the LCD... remember to point it down when not looking thru it!

ash =o)
Ash Greyson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders