Formatt 72mm adapter for XL2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders
Canon XL2 / XL1S / XL1 and GL2 / XM2 / GL1 / XM1.

Old August 15th, 2006, 01:16 AM   #1
Inner Circle

Formatt 72mm adapter for XL2

Hi all,

After several chases, Formatt finally answered the phone today to tell me that they are out of stock on the 72mm adapters and won't get any in for a week to ten days. They also said it isn't a stock item that any of their agents will keep either.

Disaster! I am off on my first client shoot with the new camera on Friday. Much of the shoot is out of doors so it would have been nice to be able to use the polariser, grad ND etc.

I wonder if there is any kind soul in the UK who would loan or rent me their 72mm adapter. Or is there anyone who has an old adapter they would like to sell? Or are there any Formatt agents reading this who DO have one in stock?

Any and all help would be hugely appreciated!

Cheers!

Ian . . .
Ian Stark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2006, 01:53 AM   #2
Inner Circle

I'm relieved to say that within 30 minutes of posting I found a company called MVS Video who keep these things in stock (contrary to advice given by Formatt).

Formatt told me that they have a list of customers waiting for 72mm adapters - if anyone in the UK is on that list, I recommend a call to MVS. Extremely helpful and courteous. www.mvsvideo.co.uk

I hope I'm not stepping out of line by mentioning a supplier here - I couldn't find any UK based DVi sponsors so I guess it's not treading on anyones toes. Please let me know if I'm wrong and I won't do it again!

Cheers.

Ian . . .
Old August 15th, 2006, 02:16 AM   #3
Inner Circle

Looks to be a good site Ian, and I see they stock the very good Libec ZC-3 zoom controller.
Tom Hardwick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2006, 02:29 AM   #4
Inner Circle

So they do! Looks like the company credit card may get a bashing over the next few days (company credit card = wife's credit card).
Old August 15th, 2006, 05:03 AM   #5
Major Player

It might be worth contacting the eBay seller of this item - they had the 72mm adapter rings too (at least they did in April'06!)
Old August 15th, 2006, 05:30 AM   #6
Inner Circle

Cheers Martin,

In fact I've now sourced the adapter from MVS and it should be with me tomorrow.

Thanks anyway!

Ian . . .
Ian Stark is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders