Question re: Wireless mic at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders
Canon XL2 / XL1S / XL1 and GL2 / XM2 / GL1 / XM1.

Old August 20th, 2006, 04:13 PM   #1
Major Player

Question re: Wireless mic

Hi-

I would like to buy a wireless mic system for my XL2. I would like to have two mics and would like to be able to utilize some of my shure SM58's or 57's from time to time. Is this possible for $400? If so what type, brand or model?

Thanks...
Old August 20th, 2006, 04:25 PM   #2
Major Player

May I suggest looking at Samson's wireless UHF gear @ B&H, I have a lapel mic wireless kit for my DVX100 that works well, considering it was only $325 or so. You can buy a transmitter for your 57 or 58, if I'm not mistaken. But you get what you pay for with wireless. The hard-wire mics still sound much much better IMO. Good luck
Old August 20th, 2006, 05:28 PM   #3
Major Player

wireless confusion

Hey Tim

My first post to this forum and it's a reply to your question!

I too am in search of a wireless system, and have been researching for a few weeks now. I was really set on buying the Sennheiser Evolution G2 wireless lav system with plug in transmitter. But talking with Fred from Equipment Emporiums about audio, I may have changed my mind towards the ATW-U101 kit. A true diversity system, the U101 will pick up better than the Senn, he assured me, and has a longer reach. For my situation, I plan to hook up a wireless lav on one channel, and a shotgun on another channel.

Unfortunately, I haven't been able to test either the Senn nor the U101. And doing a search on these forums for both brands, you get many, many experienced & informed opinions. (If you haven't already, check out the "Now Hear This" forum which is chock full of audio fun!)

Good luck in your hunting,

JA
Jeff Anselmo is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders