New Website Featuring XL2 Content at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders

Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders
Canon XL2 / XL1S / XL1 and GL2 / XM2 / GL1 / XM1.

Old August 21st, 2006, 03:46 PM   #1
Major Player

New Website Featuring XL2 Content

Finally, my homegrown business site is up, featuring a lot of XL2 content, clips, and pictures. Enjoy! And if you're in the Toronto region, check out our services section.

www.notomatofilms.com
Matthew Nayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2006, 12:10 AM   #2
Major Player

Great looking website Matthew!

That was a funny "tomato" sitting in Monument Valley! Did you guys shoot out there? It's an awesome area, to say the least; and plenty of film history (i.e. John Ford, John Wayne, et al).

--JA
Jeff Anselmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2006, 03:10 PM   #3
Major Player

Jeff,

I have been to monument valley and it is truly lovely. Dwarfs anything we have hear in Canada (although BC's Rocky Mountains aren't exactly un-inspiring).

That photo, however, was lifted from a stock library for the site.

Glad you enjoyed, check out some content!
Matthew Nayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2006, 07:58 PM   #4
Major Player

Matthew,

Me and wife (then girlfriend) actually shot a promo DVD for Goulding's Lodge in Monument Valley using a friend's XL2. We virtually had all access to parts of the valley, having a great Navajo guide. Unfortunately, we were such newbs with the XL2 that, in our eyes, it looked somewhat amaturish. We plan to go back to Monument Valley with our very own (yet to be ordered!) XL2 sometime in late September.

Also been to Vancouver and Edmonton to visit family, very beautiful areas as well.

-JA
Jeff Anselmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2006, 08:42 PM   #5
Regular Crew

Very nice website Matthew!

I kind of have a request though, not a fufilable one, but one to keep you interested.

I noticed that you have a collaborations page with the different people you worked with, is there any more people that you are willing to work with also? I am looking for people to share ideas and be on productions sets with to get knowledge and experience, and I have equipment that would be available to come with me also.

Its great seeing people other than me in Toronto that are willing to collaborate with other people, shoot me an email and we will go from there.

Cheers!
Shervin Mandgaryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 29th, 2006, 07:26 AM   #6
Major Player

Hey Shervin,

Toronto is a great place to be making movies! Lots of willing and talented people!

I'll send you an email to find out what kind of experience/equipment you have and see if we can get you on a crew sometime!
Matthew Nayman is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders