Xl2 and JVC TM-1011GU Monitor at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders
Canon XL2 / XL1S / XL1 and GL2 / XM2 / GL1 / XM1.

Old February 20th, 2007, 09:37 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Xl2 and JVC TM-1011GU Monitor

I own an XL2 and am interested in purchasing the JVC 1011GU field monitor to give me a more accurate view of what I am shooting. I broke out my Canon Xl2 owners manual but didn't see how an external monitor other than the monochrome can be attached to the camera. Can the monitor that I am interested in be hooked up to the camera and be used along with the view finder?

This is the link to the JVC http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/cont...ughType=search

Thanks......
Old February 20th, 2007, 11:36 PM   #2
Major Player

Isn't there a BNC connector on the XL2 right under the S-Video Connector? Wouldn't you just use a BNC cable?

I don't mean to sound rude, by all means that's not my intension. I'm not 100% sure, but I thought that all of the audio/video ports on the back of the camera were active when the camera was on. So, I'm half asking, and half suggesting that this would be how you would do it.

If that BNC port isn't active when you're shooting, I know the composite video is, I've used a portable DVD player as a monitor before. And if the composite video is active, I'd say that with one of these...

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/cont...ughType=search

...you'd be able to get a signal on the monitor.

Hope this helps...
Old February 21st, 2007, 06:11 AM   #3
Major Player

The BNC port on the side is active when shooting, you can use a standalone monitor, or buy an lcd which connects to the hot shoe on top of the camera if you need it to be mobile. Either one will work.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders