Canon TA 100 quick release, same as Sony?? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders

Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders
Canon XL2 / XL1S / XL1 and GL2 / XM2 / GL1 / XM1.

Old May 9th, 2007, 01:19 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Canon TA 100 quick release, same as Sony??

Just wondering if anyone actually has the Canon TA100 quick release plate? It looks to be identical to the Professional Sony UT-14 (or is it 12?). The small plate the srews onto the bottom of the camera even looks similiar. Will they interchange? Thanks. (Can't find mine right now, and wondering before I go on a manhunt dig)
Gary Siu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2007, 02:00 PM   #2
Major Player

If you mean can you use the Sony on the Canon I have not tried that.

However I have done a two camera shoot with the XL2 and a Sony DSR-250 both with quick releases and I could interchange the two cameras between tripods without changeing adapters.

Bill
Old May 9th, 2007, 03:41 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Hi Bill, yes I think that's what I mean. I'm just wondering if the quick shoe that mounts on the Canon (the TA-100) camera (or any camera for that matter) will click into the standard Professional Sony plate (VCT-14)?
Old May 9th, 2007, 03:49 PM   #4
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Siu View Post
Hi Bill, yes I think that's what I mean. I'm just wondering if the quick shoe that mounts on the Canon (the TA-100) camera (or any camera for that matter) will click into the standard Professional Sony plate (VCT-14)?

Yes, I could click the Canon into the Sony and click the Sony into the Canon.

Bill
Old May 9th, 2007, 03:51 PM   #5
Regular Crew

Thanks Bill. You just saved me $150 in buying the Canon TA100 as I still have my Sony plate, I just have to find the shoe and maybe re-drill a couple holes. I'll post if it works to help others. Cheers.
Old May 10th, 2007, 11:57 AM   #6
Regular Crew

OK, checked out the sony shoe - it is smaller than the foot print (holes on the Canon XL2) will allow. So one would have to get a large plate to screw the shoe to, and drill the appropriate holes. Guess it would work, but maybe buying just the proper shoe is easier. But I'm glad to know the plate is the same, so I can interchange my camera's without having to use two different plates. Cheers.
Gary Siu is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders