Equipment store in London? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders
Canon XL2 / XL1S / XL1 and GL2 / XM2 / GL1 / XM1.

Old July 23rd, 2007, 10:57 AM   #1
Major Player

Equipment store in London?

Hi, I planning a short trip to London in August and thinking of checking prices on some equipment to my XL2. Anyone know a good store? I’m looking for x3 lens, EF adapter or FU-1000.

Markus Nord
Markus Nord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd, 2007, 05:13 PM   #2
Major Player

I live in London, unfortunately there isn't a real London equivalent to shops like New York's B+H, theres a few places like Calumet (near Euston) and PEC (on Dean street) but generally shops are small, prices are not competitive, best deals are usually from companies without shops, who also hold better stocks. Plus the fact that the pound is quite strong at the moment! If you were to postpone your trip a bit, I would recommend going to one of the trade shows, where you can usually pick up a bargain - the IOV show is on 17/18 October
http://www.iov.co.uk (its a distance outside London, though)
Sorry I can't offer any better suggestions!
Paul Jefferies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd, 2007, 11:53 PM   #3
Major Player

Thanks for you help Paul. Unfortunately I’m not able to take the trip in October (we are meeting some friends from Oz). I’ll try to check the to shops that you pointed out.

Thanks
Markus Nord
Markus Nord is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders