DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Canon XL H Series HDV Camcorders (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-xl-h-series-hdv-camcorders/)
-   -   Is the H1 or HVX200 better at recording motion? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-xl-h-series-hdv-camcorders/114087-h1-hvx200-better-recording-motion.html)

Joachim Hoge February 6th, 2008 02:48 PM

It´s taking a while I´m afraid.

Nelson Maldonado February 6th, 2008 05:42 PM

Hi,

you where blocked from uploading because you attempted to login and/or failed more than 5 times with in a 2 minute period. The ftp server thought you where trying to break into the network.

I have reinstated you. You can upload now.

BTW, i really appreciate your efforts on my behalf.

Luis de la Cerda February 6th, 2008 06:34 PM

Are you planning to shoot 60i, 30f or 24f? 30f and 24f can stand a bit more before breaking up than 60i. It also depends on the amount of detail in your images and the shutter speed you're using. Nothing beats a little experimenting before going on your shoot just to be safe. I've had significant amounts of breakup on high shutter, high detail 60i footage from a helicopter, but that's about as tough as it gets for any long gop codec. In any case, the footage was still useable even with the breakup and I used it. I have a sample 24f 1/48 high motion file right here, but it's 33MB.

Nelson Maldonado February 6th, 2008 08:46 PM

Luis,

I don't know what setting i'll use yet. probably 30f.

if you don't mind ftping it to me over night, i'll be happy to view it. The ftp server login info is a few posts above.

Joachim Hoge February 7th, 2008 02:59 AM

I tried again this morning, but no luck with login

Joachim Hoge February 7th, 2008 03:02 AM

When I look at the AVI file now, I get the "waves" all the time. Something is odd, I´m afraid I´m not too familiar with the different export and compression settings

Nelson Maldonado February 7th, 2008 10:14 AM

Joachim,

Ok, my apology, it appears that i had that ftp account set for only "one" simultanious login. I have corrected that.

However, you are currently logged into the ftp server and are transfering the .avi file. how big is the file?

As for the wavyness, i think thats a result of improper interlaced to progressive encoding - although i'm not sure.

If you could transfer - say - 15sec's of the raw HD file, i might be able to help solve the wavy problem.

BTW, you might try the SmartFtp client from www.smartftp.com. Its an excellent ftp client and by default, it will automatically establish a connect with the last entered ftp site info you entered without having to retype anything.

i.e. ftp.nados.com public nms

Also, what NLE are you using?

Joachim Hoge February 7th, 2008 10:20 AM

I´m on Final Cut Studio 2

I just got my HV20 back. That camera has a HDMI out and I watched the footage on my Panasonic 42 (PV70) plasma, and it looked amazing. Even the slo-mo looked half descent

Joachim Hoge February 7th, 2008 10:34 AM

It´s uploaded, the AVI.
I´m making a uncompressed HDV50i file now, you should have it in 7-8 minutes

Nelson Maldonado February 7th, 2008 10:42 AM

P.S. the smartftp client is free for personal use. You just have to re-download it very month or so. If you end up using it, you just have to be careful of making sure you only have one account tab because it will log into all accounts that have tabs displayed.

I think thats what happened to you with your client - maybe. You may have tried to log into my ftp site more than once - simultaneously.

Nelson Maldonado February 7th, 2008 10:43 AM

Joachim,

I really appreciate your effort. Thanks!

Joachim Hoge February 7th, 2008 11:28 AM

Your welcome. I´ve got so much help here my self, nice to be able to return the favour.
Did you get the AVI and the (supposedly) uncompressed MOV file (12sec)?

Nelson Maldonado February 7th, 2008 12:17 PM

Joachim,

Yes, i got the files. I'll take a look at them shortly. And thanks again.

Luis de la Cerda February 7th, 2008 01:39 PM

I'm uploading a sample file. Hope it helps. It's a 24f 1/48th shutter m2t original file, exactly the way it comes into the computer from the camera. It's pretty shaky but you wanted motion, not artistic value ;)

Nelson Maldonado February 7th, 2008 04:17 PM

Thanks guys, your all being a big help in determining my use of the H1 for an up and coming hip hop dance show.