Apple ProRes and Canon HDV 30 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL H Series HDV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon XL H Series HDV Camcorders
Canon XL H1S (with SDI), Canon XL H1A (without SDI). Also XL H1.

Old April 10th, 2008, 06:42 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Apple ProRes and Canon HDV 30

Just through watching a Larry Jordan tutorial on Linda.com. The tutorial is called HD Workflows for Final Cut Studio 2.

According to Larry it is good practice to edit in Apple Pro Res because one has more control over editing and over types of output and there is no loss in quality.

I shot some test footage with my Canon HDV 30 set to the standard HDV (60i) and then set FCP 6.02 to:
Sequence Preset: Apple ProRes 422 1440 x 1080 24 p 48 khz
Capture Present HDV-Apple ProRes 422
Device Control Preset : Sony HDV Firewire
Playback Output Video: None
Playback Output Audio: Default
Edit to Tape/PTV Output Video: HDV (1440 x 1-80) 60i
Edito Tape/PTV Output Audio: HV

Capture okay, just as Larry outlined...You don't get a regular capture window, just a little tiny capture window to put a file name, then it starts capturing everything..each shot one by one.

I am wondering if others are doing this and what the choices are for output. I would like to output HD to Vimeo, so what might be the steps after I have done my editing...just getting into this and was excited to find this Larry Jordan tip!

Tim

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL H Series HDV Camcorders