A couple questions... at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL H Series HDV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon XL H Series HDV Camcorders
Canon XL H1S (with SDI), Canon XL H1A (without SDI). Also XL H1.

Old June 11th, 2008, 10:32 AM   #1
New Boot

A couple questions...

I'm on the verge of purchasing a camera, as I stated in a previous post. I'm on the fence right now, now that I've looked at a comparison chart along with a few articles I've read. I love canon, the last camera I owned was an XL-2. The camera being purchased will be used to make an independent feature. With that said here are my questions:

1)Why do I find people saying they prefer 720 24p to Canon's 1080 24f. I know both are for a film style look, and I would assume one would want the extra resolution.

2)I guess that's it for now, I forgot my other questions while typing this.

-Sean
Sean Love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2008, 10:55 AM   #2
Obstreperous Rex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Love View Post
Why do I find people saying they prefer 720 24p to Canon's 1080 24f.
It depends on where you look at what you're reading. Around here you'll find just as many people who prefer 1080p24 from Canon as those who prefer 720p24 from JVC Pro HD.

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 12th, 2008, 07:36 PM   #3
Starway Pictures

I shot a feature on the XLH1. We are very happy with the picture quality, resolution, and 24F cadence. To us it looks very similar to that of an F900.

I have not personally seen much JVC 720p footage to compare. I'm assuming JVC owners are just as enamored with their cameras as us Canon folks are with ours.

Also, I shot a 15 minute short film with the XL2 (called "Day:11") and it was my experience using that camera that I wished Canon would make an HD version of it. And much to my satisfaction they did. We bought one right away and have shot several projects with it. It's paid for itself twice over already.
Robert Sanders is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL H Series HDV Camcorders